If you love movies, then you're going to need to know about the 10 best Asian American actors. Asian American actors are gaining more prominent roles in both television and films, and it's best to know which ones are at the top of their game or who have paved the road for new generations. If you're ready to expand your movie and TV repertoire, then get ready to learn about the best Asian American actors on the scene today.
- George Takei. Most famous for portraying Hikaru Sulu in the original "Star Trek" series, this Japanese-American has since played a major role of Hiro Nakamura's father in "Heroes," as well as playing himself in shows such as "Will & Grace," "Malcolm in the Middle," and "Muppets Tonight." After revealing that he was gay in 2005, George has been a very outspoken member of the LGBT community, and has been honored for his actions as such.
- Lou Diamond Phillips. An Asian American actor with Philipnio familial ties, he was most famous for his role in the movies "Stand and Deliver" and "La Bamba." He's also had supporting roles in television series such as "Stargate Universe," "Numb3rs," and "I'm a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!"
- Shin Koyamada. This Japanese American actor got his big break starring opposite Tom Cruise in the drama "The Last Samurai." He also made a big splash with fans of the Disney Channel, starring in their original movie "Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior." He's one of the best Asian American actors for having a mass appeal with a multitude of age groups.
- Perry Shen. This Asian American actor is one of the advocates of increasing Americans' knowledge of Asians and Asian Americans in film and television. His film credits include "Starship Troopers," "The New Guy," and most famously, "Better Luck Tomorrow."
- Kal Penn. This actor is famous for being one of the most prolific Indian Americans in the film industry. Besides his breakout role in the stoner comedy "National Lampoon's Van Wilder," he's also held roles in "Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle," "Malibu's Most Wanted," and "Superman Returns."
- BD Wong. This actor debuted on the stage with his performance in the Broadway hit "M. Butterfly" with John Lithgow. Now, he's most famous for his work in "Oz" and "Law & Order: Special Victims' Unit."
- James Kyson Lee. Though he was born in Seoul, this Korean American actor has done most of his work in American television series such as "CSI," "The West Wing," and "JAG." He's most famous for portraying Ando Masahashi in the NBC show "Heroes."
- Rex Lee. This Asian American actor with a Korean family lineage worked in a number of positions both on and off the camera, such as a casting assistant for a children's theatre company and the casting director for the television movie "The Cure for a Diseased Life." However, he is best known for his role on the HBO series "Entourage" as Lloyd, assistant to super agent Ari Gold.
- Masi Oka. This Japanese American actor is best known for his role as Hiro Nakamura in the NBC drama "Heroes." However, he's also trained as a digital effects artist, having worked on movies such as "The Perfect Storm," "War of the Worlds," and "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest."
- John Cho. This Korean American actor is best known for his roles in the "American Pie" films and "Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle." Since then, he's filled roles in other hit movies such as "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" and "Star Trek."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.