These 10 best Asian singers are among those who sparkle in glamour and sensationally popular in their singing career. These Asian singing artists are celebrities in their own merits after their record breaking performances, as Asian singing idols, commercial models and celebrities.
- Charice Pempengco. This young Filipina singing artist is popularly known as the YouTube Sensation, International Singing Sensation, and International Young Diva. After the discovery of her magnificent talent in singing from YouTube, Oprah called her as the “Most Talented Girl in the World.” Among her top grossing music hits is the song “Pyramid” and she also is a cast in the famous musical “Glee.”
- Rain Bi. This talented singing artist from South Korea, famed with his great singing voice coupled with his dancing talent, charmed his fans in his debut song “Nappun Namja (bad guy)” and soon entered the world of acting. His album “it’s raining” topped the foreign music charts and he became a popular commercial model as well.
- Lee Min Woo. This Korean singer began his singing career as a member of Shinhwa band. He pursued a solo career in singing and later joined the world of Korean television drama and concentrated in his acting career. In his comeback as a singing artist in 2009, he once again showed he is one of the best Asian singers with his hit track “Minnovation” which is infused with hip hop beats.
- Tata Young. This Asian singer is famous as the “Sexiest Singer in Thailand” in 2007 and garnered many awards in her singing career such as “Popular Vote International Artist 2006,” “Unbeatable Female Artist” in 2006, MTV Award’s Favorite Artist in Thailand in 2006, 8 times Platinum Album from Sony BMG Music among others.
- Jolin Tsai. This Taiwanese Golden Melody Award winning singer began her singing stint by joining the MTV singing competition at the age of 18. She soon became a singing artist of Sony music and made albums that top the music charts throughout Asia.
- Coco Lee. This Chinese singer is one of the best in Asia as she is the only Chinese singer to have performed in the Oscars for singing the Academy Award nominee song “A Love Before Time” from the movie “Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.” She was popularly known as the “Best Selling Female Artist,” “Princess of Asian Pop” and “Asian Pop Diva.”
- Regine Velasquez. This Asian singer from the Philippines won the 1989 Asia Pacific Singing Contest and soon her powerful vocal range voice earned her to become “Asia’s Song Bird.” There were even reports that her high range voice made Mariah Carey quite insecure.
- Agnes Monica. This Indonesian singer of Asia made a name in Indonesia because of her hit albums, some earned a double platinum status and the others triple platinum. She is the only Indonesian singer who has her own dance group called Nezindahood.
- Lea Salonga-Chien. This Filipino singer-actress has a flourishing singing career in Broadway. Famed for her role in the musical play “Miss Saigon,” Lea was also the first Asian singer to play the role of Fantine in the prestigious musical play Les Miserables on Broadway. The magical voice of the character Mulan and Princess Jasmine in Aladdin was hers.
- Chris Lee.This Chinese Asian singer is a pop singer-actress who received fame and popularity instantly after winning in the nationwide singing contest “Super Girl” in 2005. At a very young age, she already held some series of nationwide live tour concerts in 2007.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Online Gaming
Get into FPSs and MOBAs without getting your ass kicked… too much.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.