If you’re planning a trip to the Far East, you need to know what the 10 best Asian street food dishes are. Sometimes the best way to experience the best that a city has to offer is to experience its street food. The ten best Asian street food dishes are no where near as fancy the stuff that you find in top end restaurants, but the ten best Asian street food dishes have more character and flavor than anything you can find in a high end restaurant.
- Satay- Anyone who has ever had satay will tell you, there is nothing better than meat on a stick. Satay is one of the ten best Asian street food dishes because it is simple and delicious. Beef, chicken or pork are skewered on bamboo sticks, grilled and served up with soy, sweet and sour and hot sauce.
- Thai banana fritters- Just thinking of these little deep friend balls of sunshine is enough to make our mouths water. Small chunks of banana are rolled in rice flour and deep fried with a combination of coconut milk and sugar. Being sweet balls of sheer bliss is what makes this one of the 10 best Asian street food dishes.
- Stinky tofu- One of many of the ten best Asian street food dishes that tastes way better than what it sounds. The dish gets its smell from the way it is made. The bean curd sits in a brine of meat, veggies and milk for months before it is cooked on the open grill. The end results will stick up the streets of Tokyo something fierce, but it's worth it.
- Gimbap– This Korean treat is one of the ten best Asian street food dishes that’s more like a meal than a quick street food snack. Cooked rice is spread over a piece of squared seaweed, the rice is then topped with ham, crab meat, and cucumber then sliced up into tiny bite sized pieces. Think of it like sushi for people who can’t stand eating raw fish.
- Soakoo– This is one of the top ten Asian street food dishes because it is a brilliant blend of pork, shrimp, peanuts and spices stuffed into a rice flower pancake and topped with lettuce. Yes, we are well aware that a pork and shrimp hybrid may not sound appealing, but take one bite and you will be in heaven.
- Hoddeok- There are times when you need some street food to satisfy your sweet tooth. If that’s the case, then look no further than hoddeok. It’s a yeast fried dumpling with a sticky, cinnamon, sugar center. Being sinfully delectable is what makes this one of the ten best Asian street food dishes.
- Chocolate bananas- Seeing chocolate bananas on the streets of Tokyo is an affirmation that you can never go wrong with chocolate covered fruit. The ability to spread joy through the worlds love affair with chocolate is what makes this one of the ten best Asian street food dishes.
- Mandu- The beef, pork and veggies that makes up a good mandu should make this one of the healthier items on our list of the ten best Asian street food dishes. But being deep fried kills any chance this had of being healthy, but we think being so bad is what makes it taste so damn good.
- Tteokobkki– This barely pronounceable but yummy dish is the only stir fry to make our list of the ten best Asian street food dishes. Tiny little rice cakes, stir fried with carrots, cucumbers, bamboo then served up in a tiny little plastic bowl. This yummy little bowl may be the healthiest thing you can find on a Tokyo street corner.
Stuffed buns- The only thing on our list of the ten best Asian street food dishes that’s easy to pronounce and good in your tummy. You can find these little steamed, stuffed buns on almost every street corner in China during the winter. These tiny steamed buns are stuffed with beef, pork or veggies and served piping hot. On a cold winters day having a stuffed bun will fill your tummy and keep your hands warm.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.