The 10 best Austin restaurants are unique in their offerings and atmosphere. From fine French cuisine to romantic, authentic Mexican meals, Austin's best restaurants have something to offer everyone.
- Uchi. Uchi is on every list of the best Austin restaurants and for good reason. The swanky south Austin eatery offers some of the tastiest sushi in town. Diners come for traditional sashimi and sushi rolls as well as unusual combinations such as fresh tuna served on top of goat cheese and yellowtail hamachi marinated with orange pieces. Uchi: 801 S. Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX, 78704.
- Vespaio. Homey Italian restaurant Vespaio is considered by many as one of the best Austin restaurants. Guests can enjoy a combination of freshly made antipasti dishes or choose classic Italian entrees such as veal saltimbocca or spaghetti carbonara. Vespaio: 1610 S. Congress Ave., Austin, TX, 78704.
- Jeffrey's. Providing high-end meals in Austin since 1975, Jeffrey's attracts locals and visitors looking for an exceptional dining experience. Jeffrey's offers steak and seafood specialities daily as well as a small plates menu. Jeffrey's: 1204 West Lynn St., Austin, TX, 78703.
- Justine's. Located in east Austin, Justine's is a hip bar and brasserie serving French cuisine and cocktails. One of the best Austin restaurants, Justine's offers selections such as cheese and charcuterie plates as well as a tender duck leg and a ribeye with a side of fries. Justine's: 4710 E. 5th St., Austin, TX, 78702.
- Fonda San Miguel. Upscale Mexican food is plentiful at Fonda San Miguel. With an unbeatable romantic atmosphere and delicious top-shelf margaritas, Fonda San Miguel nourishes diners with such tasty delights as stuffed poblano chiles and shrimp served in a chipotle cream sauce. Fonda San Miguel: 2330 W. North Loop, Austin, TX, 78756.
- Driskill Grill. Situated in the historic Driskill Hotel, the Driskill Grill is undoubtedly one of the best Austin restaurants. Diners at the high-end establishment can select the chef's special five-course tasting menu, which features seafood and steak plates each paired with a different wine. Driskill Grill: 604 Brazos St., Austin, TX, 78701.
- Wink. Wink offers a fine dining experience in a comfortable atmosphere. The laid-back eatery specializes in freshly prepared meals made with local and seasonal ingredients. Five- and seven-course tasting menus are available for diners who want to sample everything Wink, one of Austin's best restaurants, has to offer. Wink: 1014 N. Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX, 78703.
- Perla's. Perla's on South Congress is the place to go in Austin for fresh seafood. Oysters and fish are flown in daily and listed on Perla's extensive seafood menu and raw bar. One of the best Austin restaurants, Perla's offers signature cocktails made with fresh ingredients. Perla's: 1400 S. Congress Ave., Austin, TX, 78704.
- Aquarelle. For fine French dining, Austinites flock to Aquarelle. The upscale restaurant serves French classics such as beef tenderloin and mussels in a white wine and garlic sauce. Aquarelle provides a romantic atmosphere and delicious food, making it one of Austin's best restaurants. Aquarelle: 606 Rio Grande Ave., Austin, TX, 78701.
- Paggi House. Situated on a hill overlooking downtown Austin, Paggi House is one of the best Austin restaurants. Home to a full bar with a popular happy hour, Paggi House serves simple but impeccably prepared entrees including roasted scallops, a smoked New York strip and grilled local quail. Paggi House: 200 Lee Barton Drive, Austin, TX, 78704.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …