10 Best Australia Travel Destinations
Have you ever wondered about the 10 best Australia travel destinations? If you want to travel the world, and especially travel somewhere exciting and different, Australia is the place. Go down under and explore what makes this country so unique. You’ll probably want to stay for a while.
- Magnetic Island. This travel destination is two-thirds a natural park. Here is your chance to see kangaroos and koalas in their natural habitat. If you’re not into the animals, then the gorgeous beaches will please you.
- Sydney. Sydney is the most popular of our 10 best Australia travel destinations. Interesting places worth visiting are the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Tower, Darling Harbor and the Blue Mountains. There’s also a zoo and museums for anyone with kids. Adults will enjoy the nightlife in Sydney. It’s quite active and worth taking a night out to party.
- Bondi Beach. You’ll find this incredible beach south of Sydney. The beach gets crowded with people who play volleyball, kayak or wind surf. Although Bondi is quite safe, there are shark nets to protect the swimmers. Since it’s the most popular beach in Australia, you’ll find it crowded during the summer. After relaxing on the beach, dine at one of the many restaurants on Bondi Street.
- Fraser Island. Next, our 10 best Australia travel destinations list takes us to this interesting island. You won’t find a lot of activities on the island; however, you’ll see plenty of nature. The lagoons are clear as crystal and just as pretty.
- Whitsundays and the Great Barrier Reef. A great place to find lots of nightlife fun. You could rent or charter a sailboat from Whitsundays and see the Great Barrier Reef. The Barrier Reef is one of nature’s most gorgeous and mysterious places. There are over 2,900 natural reefs and 900 individual islands over a span of 1,600 miles. Saltwater crocodiles, sea turtles, whales, dolphin and sharks roam the great Coral Sea. It’s truly a place to see when in Australia.
- Kakadu National Park. Perfect for seeing Australia’s wildlife. Considered a very popular wildlife park, so beware of crowds.
- Tasmania. This travel destination was once a prison for British convicts. However, it’s one of the most beautiful places in Australia to visit. You’ll be amazed at the incredible beaches and wildlife.
- Gold Coast. Surfers and beachgoers adore these beaches. If you like to have a good time on your vacation, take a special trip to Surfer’s Paradise. You’ll uncover tremendous nightlife action.
- Great Ocean Road. About three hours from Melbourne is this fascinating place. See the Twelve Apostles, giant monolith rocks carved by the sea and wind long ago. Once twelve stood tall, but only eight remain as time took its toll on the monoliths.
- Melbourne. Our best Australia travel destinations list ends with this incredible city. Melbourne is packed with restaurants, nightclubs and the multi-cultural inhabitants of the great city. It’s a must-see city for a fabulous time in Australia.