10 Best Baby Car Seats
Are you a new parent or caregiver looking for the 10 best baby car seats? There are so many things to consider when purchasing a new baby car seat. How well will the seat fit your vehicle? How well will the seat fit the infant? How long will you be able to use a car seat based on your child’s weight and height? What car seats are safest? For those seeking the best baby car seat, there are ten top rated, parent approved options for consideration.
- Graco SnugRide. The Graco SnugRide car seat for infants is designed to accommodate babies up to 22 pounds and only 29 inches. While it receives some of the best consumer ratings of available car seats, the smaller weight capacity can be a drawback for parents of larger infants or those hoping to use the seat for a longer period of time.
- Chicco KeyFit. The Chicco infant seat offers a more expensive alternative to the newborn fit of the Graco SnugRide. With many similar features of the basic SnugRide, the KeyFit appeals to parents of exceptionally small newborns because of specially designed inserts permitting use for a four pound newborn and the seat’s ease of use.
- Graco My Ride 65. This convertible child restraint seat that is designed to fit small babies from 5 pounds through 65 pound toddlers or preschoolers. The seat works rear facing through 40 pounds—and forward facing through 65 pounds. The seat is actually safe, functional and economical as it can accommodate a growing child for several years.
- Evenflo Momentum 65. Evenflo offers a great convertible car seat similar to the Graco My Ride 65. The Evenflo model sports added side impact protection and allows for the same five to 40 pound rear facing and 20 to 65 pound forward facing weight limits.
- Graco SnugRide 32. The Graco SnugRide 32 car seat for babies frequently receives top reviews from retail consumers and parents and receives acceptable vehicle crash safety ratings. As with the basic Graco SnugRide, the seat is lightweight making it easier to carry when loaded with an infant. The SnugRide32 is rated to hold a child up to 32 pounds in rear facing position making it more economical for parents of larger babies expected to surpass 22 to 30 pounds before their first birthday.
- Britax Chaperone. This highly safety rated infant car seat is also designed to seat a child through 30 pounds. The seat performs well in crash tests and offers a sturdy design, although heavier to maneuver. The Britax Chaperone has easy adjustment and colorful patterns and designs—but, because of the larger base, the infant seat may not fit well in smaller model vehicles
- Baby Trend Flex-Loc. The Flex-Loc baby car seat is east to install, easy to adjust, receives high safety ratings and is designed for infants weighing up to 30 pounds and 30 inches tall. The Baby Trend Flex-Loc safety seat is one of the more affordable seats compared to others with similar design and functionality.
- Evenflo Serenade. Evenflo serves up another top rated infant car seat that is capable of fitting babies ranging in size from 5 pounds through 35 pounds. The Evenflo Serenade sports high safety ratings and positive parent reviews in areas such as durability of ease of use.
- Safety 1st On Board 35. Safety 1st presents a budget larger weight capacity infant seat that is popular with consumers. The Safety 1st On Board 35 will hold a newborn from four pounds up to 35 pounds and 32 inches tall.
- Chico KeyFit 30. The KeyFit 30 builds on the successes of the Chicco KeyFit and adapts it to fit larger infants. The KeyFit 30 is designed to seat babies up to 30 pounds. The seat sports lightweight design making it more convenient to carry a larger baby—and offers positive safety and consumer reviews.