This list of the 10 best bad girlfriend song lyrics is dedicated to every girl who’s broken a good guy’s heart. These lyrics represent the worst that the “gentler sex” has offered to the world’s most famous musicians.
- “Cocaine Blues.” While other country singers might have taken a more subtle approach to a cheating girl, rebel Johnny Cash comes right out and says it with the line “I thought I was her daddy, but she had five more.” Ouch. It’s one of the best bad girlfriend song lyrics for being so brutally honest.
- “Girl.” “She’s the kind of girl who puts you down when friends are there / you feel a fool,” sings John Lennon in this morose song from the world’s formerly cheeriest pop group, The Beatles. It takes a lot to bruise John Lennon’s ego, so this girl must have been really mean, making these some of the best bad girlfriend song lyrics.
- “Heartless.” A girlfriend can go bad out of nowhere, pulling the rug out from underneath you. Kanye West captured this feeling in one of the best bad girlfriend songs,“Heartless:” “In the night I hear ‘em talk the coldest story ever told / Somewhere far along this road he lost his soul / To a woman so heartless.
- ”“About A Girl.” Kurt Cobain’s girlfriend, Tracy Marander, asked the Nirvana front man why he had never written a song about her, so he fulfilled her wish and included some of the best bad girlfriend song lyrics: “I’ll take advantage while you hang me out to dry,” sings Cobain to the girl who ditches him.
- “The One I Love.” Michael Stipe disguised a bitter kiss off to a bad girl in the form of a love song with “The One I Love.” The R.E.M. front man sings “A simple prop to occupy my time.” Play this song for a bad girlfriend you don’t care to be around anymore.
- “Beating Around The Bush.” The girl in this song is not shaking former AC/DC vocalist Bon Scott all night long; she’s cheating on him. Scott sings: “You can throw me lefts / You can throw me rights / But where was you last night / Beating around the bush.” This girl must have felt pretty bad when Scott died a year after its release.
- “I’m Looking Through You.” The Beatles sure have their fair share of bad girlfriends. This time, Paul McCartney sings one of the best bad girlfriend song lyrics: “You don't look different, but you have changed / I'm looking through you, you're not the same.”
- “Self Esteem.” Punk rockers have bad girlfriends too. Offspring front man Dexter Holland signs about his cheating girlfriend in the band’s “Self Esteem.” These are some of the best bad girlfriend song lyrics: “When she's saying, oh that she wants only me / Then I wonder why she sleeps with my friends.”
- “Your Cheatin’ Heart.” Leave it to a country singer to write some of the best bad girlfriend song lyrics of all time. Hank William confronts his girl and reminds her that conscience can be a killer: “Your cheatin' heart will make you weep /You'll cry and cry and try to sleep / But sleep won’t come the whole night through / Your cheatin’ heart will tell on you.”
- “Bad Girlfriend.” Theory of A Deadman sings some of the best bad girlfriend song lyrics in its appropriately-titled “Bad Girlfriend.” This girl’s bad and she doesn’t even try to hide it, dancing “with guys from outta town.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.