10 Best Bad Relationship Songs
When an artist experiences, or finds out about, a bad relationship then they may set out to write a song worthy of the list of 10 best bad relationship songs. A song on the 10 best bad relationship songs list could take a serious, aggressive or humorous approach. The tone of a bad relationship song depends on how the artist chooses to deal with the relationship situation.
- Guns N Roses - "I Used To Love Her." Guns N Roses has always had an edge to their music, and this entry into the list of the 10 best bad relationship songs is no different. It is a humorous look at a relationship so bad that the man had to kill the woman to get out of it. Some artists can find humor in almost any situation.
- Harry Chapin - "Cats in the Cradle." This famous Harry Chapin tune is about the fractured relationship between a busy father and his son. By the time the father realizes he has missed out on his son's childhood, it is too late.
- R.E.M. - "The One I Love." It may be easy to misunderstand this R.E.M. song, but a quick look at the lyrics explain why this deserves to be on a list of the 10 best bad relationship songs. Michael Stipe sings about a relationship that has gone stale and has lost the love.
- Paul Simon - "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover." A man sits down to talk to his friend about his bad relationship and the friend offers 50 different ways to get out of the situation. Definitely a song that needs to be on the list of the 10 best bad relationship songs ever.
- Martina McBride - "Whatever You Say." This song is about a relationship where communication has completely broken down. All Martina McBride wants is for her man to listen to her. Whether she stays in the relationship or not depends on whether he can remember what she just told him.
- Reba McIntyre - "Fancy." This song has many different interpretations, but the core message is what puts it on the list of 10 best bad relationship songs. Fancy is an 18-year-old girl who's mother sells her into prostitution to pay the bills. Was it child abuse? Was it an act of survival? The song forces you to make your own decision.
- Garth Brooks - "More Than a Memory." In this hit song by country legend Garth Brooks, a man is haunted by his recently ended relationship. No matter what he does, he cannot get the thought of his lady out of his head.
- Dave Loggins - "Please Come to Boston." A man sets out to find his way in the world and find a place for himself and his lady to settle down. Each time he writes her to ask her to come be with him, she says no. It is a sad song about a man that cannot seem to understand that he had everything he needed at home, and he loses his relationship when he sets out to try and find his way.
- The Police - "Wrapped Around Your Finger." The exact meaning of this entry in the list of 10 best bad relationship songs can be difficult to pin down. The lyrics talk about someone who is infatuated with someone and his desire to turn the tables and make that person infatuated with him. It is a desperate song about obsession and how far it can go.
- Human League - "Don't You Want Me." A woman uses a man to find her success, and then discards him when she is at the peak of her career. This is the ultimate song about being used and deserves to be on the list of the 10 best bad relationship songs.