You may already have a favorite bakery in the LA area or perhaps you would like to check out one or several of our 10 best bakeries in Los Angeles. Maybe you are just visiting Los Angeles for a few days and want some sugary delights to take back to your hotel. Scattered about with a variety of mouth-watering selections are these California bakeries, try one that is close by from this list of 10 best bakeries in Los Angeles.
- Susina Bakery. Located in the trendy, La Brea part of town, this old world European-style bakery is welcoming and pleasant. They specialize in traditional breakfast pastries like buttery croissants, cherry scones and cinnamon twists. Lunches are satisfying with selections of Panini sandwiches, whole-wheat focaccia and rich quiche. Susina Bakery: 7122 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036.
- Rockenwagner Bakery. This Mar vista bakery has delicious ginger scones and signature pretzel rolls by chef Gussmack. Swiss cheese with caramelized onions Panini is a favorite lunch item at one of LA’s best bakeries. Rockenwagner Bakery: 12835 W. Washington Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066.
- Magnolia Bakery. The same wonderful triple-layered cakes with buttery-cream frosting as the bakery with the same name in New York where ”Sex and the City” was often filmed. Fabulous banana pudding and mouth-watering cupcakes of all kinds make this a popular place to socialize and show off your latest designer shoes and purse. Magnolia Bakery: 8389 W. Third St., Los Angeles, CA 90048.
- Delice Bakery. Oven-baked French Bread that wafts into the street and neighborhood. Serving breakfast and lunch, Saturday through Friday. A wide selection of petit fours, scones, donuts and a luscious chocolate ganache on chestnut mousse and meringue. Delice Bakery: 8583 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90035.
- La Brea Bakery. A small neighborhood bakery that started long ago has now grown into one of the largest and best bakeries of Los Angeles. They are known for their European baking techniques fresh artisanal breads that supplies many of the finest restaurants in the country. La Brea Bakery: 624 S. La Brea Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036.
- Susie Cakes. This is the best bakery if you have a hankering for grandma’s fresh baked- goods made the old-fashioned way. Those recipes that you grew up with are here: butterscotch caramel pudding, chocolate-wafer icebox pie and molasses cookies with white icing. Susie Cakes: 11708 San Vicente Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90049.
- Sweet Lady Jane. So many seasonal fruit pies and cheesecakes to choose, all made fresh every morning. If you’re in the mood for chocolate tacos or pumpkin cheesecake it’s here and so much more; just choose and eat in or take-out what you need, the menu is unique and long. Sweet Lady Jane: 8360 Melrose Ave., W. Hollywood, CA 90069.
- Porto’s Bakery. One of the best bakeries in the Los Angeles area by popular demand. Patrons come in droves for their custom cakes and cookies, meat-potato empanadas and chicken pie. Unusual menu items like potato balls and guava-cheese pastries keep hungry customers coming back on a regular basis. Porto’s Bakery: 315 N. Brand Ave., Glendale, CA 91203.
- Kiss My Bundt. Their brag: made-from-scratch Bundt cakes to die for and other scrumptious Southern-inspired goodies. Quality creations using the freshest and best quality ingredients, that’s their song and they’re stickin’ to it. Kiss My Bundt: 8104 West 3rd St. Los Angeles, CA 90048.
- Little Next Door. This is a Beverly neighborhood organic bakery; chock full of international treats and seasonal fare. Grab some house-made preserves and gift baskets before they’re swept away by the loyal clientele. Little Next Door: 8142 West 3rd St. Los Angeles, CA 90048.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."