How about finding some delicious bakeries or, even better, 10 best bakeries in NYC? You can smell the delectable aroma, city blocks away, bakeries to fulfill your cravings for breakfast, lunch or a stolen snack time. The 10 best bakeries in NYC are scattered in a variety of places, so you are never too far from your favorite one or these best-bakeries in NYC.
- Balthazar Bakery. This trendy bakery is attached to the famous Balthazar Bistro frequented by celebrities and connoisseurs. This is one of NYC best bakeries mainly known for the light flaky croissants that are heavenly and kind to the wallet at an average price of $2.75. Balthazar Bakery: 80 Spring St. NYC, NY., (212) 965-1785.
- The City Bakery. Unique tarts with geometric shapes and unusual fruity flavors are one of the attractions to one of NYC best bakeries. The richest hot chocolate around and delectable chocolate-chip cookies, buttery croissants, plus homemade marshmallows. Oh! and cookie dough for sale. The salad bar sandwiches and pasta are nice treats for lunch or dinner. The City Bakery: 3 W. 18th St., New York, NY 10011, (212) 366-1414.
- Clinton St. Baking Co. & Restaurant. A lower east-side bakery with comfy cuisine like homemade, chock-full of blueberries, pancakes available day and night. Large, juicy Angus burgers and homemade potato chips. Try this bakery and restaurant when you need a fix of comfort food ecstasy. Clinton St. Baking Co., 2 Clinton St., New York, NY 10002, (212) 602-6263.
- Cupcake Café. Cupcakes described as “cosmic” have got to be tasted at least once in a lifetime. This is the best bakery in NYC for scrumptious cupcakes that transport the eater to sugary dream-worlds, or so they say. Cupcake Café: 545 Ninth Ave., New York, Ny 10018, (212) 465-1530.
- Magnolia Bakery. Jammed with tourists and locals for the rich cupcakes and savory three-layer cakes, thick with buttery-cream frosting. Another reason for the traffic is that this bakery was featured in “Sex and the City” many times during some of the girls night after, juicy conversations. Magnolia Bakery: 401 Bleecker St., New York, NY 10014, (212) 462-2572.
- Sarabeth’s Bakery. Located in the Chelsea Market, this bakery is known for its contemporary cuisine and stylish baked goods: pumpkin waffles, banana, honey and brown sugar gooey porridge, and superb brownies, cakes and scones. Sarabeth’s Bakery: 75 Ninth Ave., New York, NY 10011, (212) 989-2424.
- Sullivan Street Bakery. Freshly baked breads are the draw at this popular NYC bakery. Selections of aromatic flatbreads with toppings or so-called pizzas, dark chewy or crusty loaves of handmade bread are a welcoming sight. Try the luxurious ricotta and fruit tarts or their homemade pannetone during the holiday season. Sullivan Street Bakery: 73 Sullivan St., New York, NY 10013, (212) 334-9435.
- Momokufu Bakery & Milk Bar. This is David Chang’s masterpiece milk bar and homemade baked goods eatery. Selections are sweet, salty and savory like the salty pistachio soft ice cream and candy bar pie with salty pretzel-crumb topping. Milk cereal is what patrons clamor for at this favorite bakery, a strained corn-flakes and milk concoction with a sublime flavor. Momokufu Bakery & Milk Bar: 207 Second Ave., New York, NY 10003, (212) 254-3500.
- Buttercup Bake Shop. Many locals say it’s the best bakery in Midtown Manhattan. Addictive brownies, lemon bars and cakes with rich, luscious and buttery frostings. Go out of your way for a sugary- fix of unforgettable fresh out-of-the-oven baked goods. Buttercup Bake Shop: 973 Second Ave., New York, NY 10022, (212) 350-4144.
- Silver Moon Bakery. Enjoy the smells and sights of donuts and mocha-raisin loaves through the window as you pass by, then turn around to enjoy this bakery’s fruity tarts and fresh baked good, served all day long, the freshest baked goods in this part of town. Silver Moon Bakery: 2740 Broadway at 105th St. New York, NY, (212) 866-4717.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?