The 10 best ballads of the 2000's are all unique, but there are some common threads. Strong vocals, deep lyrics and music from the heart are important parts of a ballad. You'll want to listen to these songs and add more than one to your frequent play list.
- "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack This ballad put Womack on the map as a singer, and it remains an important song about living life to the fullest. There was even a journal and gift book created from the song's lovely lyrics.
- "Take a Bow" by Rhianna This example of one of the best ballads is a strong statement from a woman in control of her life. She tells her straying lover to don't tell her he's sorry, when she knows he's only sorry he got caught.
- "I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden This song about eternal love has lyrics that can be interpreted in a few ways, but it's a song that states that he felt for his love before he even knew her. It's a gorgeous ballad which is wonderfully composed.
- "Family Portrait" by Pink Another of the best ballads of the 200s, it's an honest, heartfelt song from Pink, touching on the pain of divorce that she knew within her own family growing up. Some of the poignant lyrics include, "I don't want love to destroy me the way it did my family."
- "100 Years" by Five for Fighting A song that refelcts on time and the great phases of life. Its chorus speaks of how we only have 100 years to live, and the song sings the praises of all the different parts of life to be enjoyed, felt and experienced.
- "Every Time it Snows" by Olivia Newton-John Another one of the best ballads, this powerful song is from her album "Christmas Wish." Although the song is from a holiday album, it is relevant for any season. It's a ballad about love, heartbreak and remembrance.
- "Cry Me a River" by Justin Timberlake and Timbaland The song was rumored to be about his then-recent break-up with Britney Spears, which increased when he used her look alike for the music video. The male anthem.stands alone as one of the best ballads of love lost.
- "Irreplaceable" by Beyonce Knowles A power ballad that rocks as well. Most people know the catchy line, "To the left, to the left, everything you own in a box to the left…" It's a story about a woman scorned who has no tolerance for such behavior. It's a great song from a great singer.
- "Because of You" by Kelly Clarkson Families can bring pain, and these lyrics speak for themselves. Kelly commented on the fact that, "It's about the cycle of families."
- "Lights Out" by Lisa Marie Presley Another one of the best ballads, it was a hit track form Presley's debut album, "To Whom it May Concern." It rocks and speaks of raw emotions. The unusual lyrics tell of her unique life and grief. It's relatable, though, and it's a catchy, optimistic tune as well.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.