The 10 best ballads about dating your best friend are all great choices to consider if you're currently dating a close friend. They all speak to the intimacy and romance of dating a best friend. Definitely don't overlook these ballads—they're great selections to play on one of your dates.
- Taylor Swift, "I'd Lie": This song is about pure romance and love, perfect for a close friendship turned romantic. The beautiful lyrics and heartful vocals make it an exceptional song. If you are looking for the perfect song for your best friend turned lover, this is the one for you.
- Anita Cochiran & Steve Wariner, "What If I Said": This song is a perfect match for best friends who are dating. The lyrics describe the closeness of the friendship with a fusion of romance. The great lyrics conjoined with exceptional vocals make this one of the best ballads about dating your best friend.
- Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat, "Lucky": Jason Mraz is known for his fun music and beautiful voice. Now combine him with Colbie Caillat and it makes for an amazing match. The two created this perfect best friend love song that you won't regret adding to your playlist.
- Queen, "You're My Best Friend": This song is far more upbeat and makes for a great song about close friendship. We all love Queen but you'll love this song because of its perfect fit for a best friend romance. Definitely don't overllook it because it really is one of the best.
- Taylor Swift, "Love Story": This song has lyrics that anyone would melt for. About best friends falling deeply in love, it makes a great ballad for best friends who are dating. This song is one you'll find yourself putting on repeat as you enjoy your next date.
- Colbie Caillat, "Realize": Colbie's voice makes this song what it is: beautiful and romantic. The lyrics speak true to a closeness between two friends falling for each other. This song leaves nothing to be desired so you won't want to miss it.
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson, "Friends and Lovers": The title says it all—a song about friendship turned romantic. If you want a ballad that truly fits the mold, add this to your playlist. Loring and Anderson make a harmonious pair, so you'll definitely want to give this song a chance.
- Usher, "You Make Me Wanna": For a more hip-hop/R&B song, this is the song for you. The song starts off with lyrics explaining how the love started as best friends and moves on to tell a romantic story. It's a great beat with strong lyrics, making this one of the best ballads about dating your best friend.
- P. Diddy, "Best Friend": This song is slow but touching. The lyrics are about the closeness with a lover who is also a best friend. P. Diddy really makes this song amazing, perfect for anyone celebrating a romantic friendship.
- Weezer, 'Best Friend": We all know weezer as a more rock alternative band. But that doesn't mean the group can't completely make romantic songs with finesse. This love song about a best friend is clearly one of the top ten.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.