Some of the 10 best ballads of all time have been around for a long time but they are still popular. You can’t help but sing along to some of these great songs. Put these on your playlist to listen to with whoever you are dating or married to.
- “I Honestly Love You” by Olivia Newton-John is one of the best ballads of all time. This song came out in 1974 but is still great to listen to. It won two Grammy awards in 1974 and is a good love song to play for whoever you are dating or married to.
- “Crazy for You” by Madonna is another awesome ballad. This song came out in 1985 and was on the soundtrack for the movie "Visionquest." Madonna didn’t write the song but her voice makes it one of the best ballads of all time.
- “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston. This 1992 song was on the album from the movie "The Bodyguard," which starred Houston and Kevin Costner. Dolly Parton actually recorded it earlier in 1974.
- “(They Long to Be) Close to You” by The Carpenters. This song came out in 1970. It was The Carpenters first hit record and is still one of the best ballads of all time. The song was also heard in the movie "Parenthood," starring Steve Martin.
- “Love Me Tender” by Elvis Presley is a great ballad. The King released this song in 1956. It had so many orders before it was even released it was a Gold record from day one. Elvis had many great songs, but this may be his best.
- “Home Sweet Home” by Motley Crue. The Crue recorded this song in 1985. It is one of the best ballads of all time that was performed by a metal band. It is a great song to listen to when you are going home to see the person that you are dating or married to.
- “Daniel” by Elton John is one of the best ballads of all time. This song came out in 1973. It talks about two brothers in the lyrics. Elton John’s voice makes this song great to listen to.
- “Imagine” by John Lennon. This song came out in 1971 and is a great ballad. It is the #2 favorite song of Great Britain according to the Guinness Book of World records. Lennon wrote about how it would be if the world was a better place to live.
- “American Pie” by Don McLean is one of the best ballads. Written in 1971, this song was McLean’s tribute to the late singer Buddy Holly. The lyrics talk about day the music died which was when Holly’s plane crashed in 1959.
- “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton is a great ballad to listen to. This came out in 1977 and was about Clapton’s wife. It is a good song to play for your girlfriend or wife.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.