10 Best Bands Of 2008
Here is a list of the 10 best bands of 2008. There's a little bit of classic rock, a little bit of country, a tween pop-rock sensation, and more in between. Take a look at the 10 best bands of 2008 and see if your favorites made the cut!
- Jonas Brothers. These tweenage juggernauts snagged two charted titles, propelling them to the top of the list of the best bands of 2008. The Brothers' third album, A Little Bit Longer, which figured the singles "Burnin' Up" and "Lovebug."
- Sugarland. Sugarland, a female country duo, matched the Jonas Brothers with two charted titles in 2008. Again, their third album dropped in 2008, entitled Love on the Inside.
- Eagles. The classic band the Eagles scored charted title in 2008, still riding on the success of their 2007 release, Long Road Out of Eden. They won a Grammy in 2008 for Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal.
- Coldplay. This alternative rock band earned one charted title in 2008. They released their fourth studio album called Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends in that year.
- AC/DC. This classic rock band from the 70's made a comeback in 2008 with a new album, Black Ice, and two charted titles.
- Rascal Flatts. This classic country group released their first greatest hits album in the year 2008, as well as three charted titles, making them the leader on this list.
- Metallica. This is another classic heavy metal band that scored a charted title in 2008. They released Death Magnetic in this year.
- Led Zeppelin. Led Zeppelin, the iconic English rock band, managed to reel in one charted title in 2008. There were numerous reunion rumors in 2008 following their one reunion performance.
- Daughtry. With one charted title, this band, spurned from American Idol, received the honor of having their first album go 4-times Platinum in 2008.
- Disturbed. Rounding out this top 10 list, Disturbed, a hard rock band, earned one charted title with their album Indestructible.
Posted on: Nov. 12, 2010