10 Best Bands Of 2009
Here is a list of 10 of the best bands of 2009. 2009 was a huge year for music. Taylor Swift and the Twilight album raced to the top of the charts. The world was infected with Lady Gaga-induced mania. Competing next to these pop princesses were some collective artists with a slightly different sound, yet they managed to still hold their own.
- Nickelback This Canadian rock band scored one charted title on the 2009 charts. Their latest album, Dark Horse, was certified platinum merely three weeks after its release and it won the Juno Award in Canada.
- Rascall Flatts Three charted titles were earned by this band in 2009. Rascall Flatts are an American country music band. Their biggest crossover hits were "What Hurts the Most" and a cover of "Life Is A Highway" for the Pixar film Cars.
- Black Eyed Peas The Black Eyed Peas are an American pop and experimental hip-hop band that have had a massive amount of popular hits in the past seven years. While they only wrangled up one charted title in 2009, they are still an extremely influential band in modern popular music.
- Kings of Leon Like the Black Eyed Peas, the band Kings of Leon earned one charted title in 2009. However, they have grown extremely popular since the release of their fourth album, Only by the Night. They have just released their fifth and newest album, Come Around Sundown, so there will be certainly more to see from this band.
- Jonas Brothers These tween pop icons amassed the most amount of charted titles in 2009, claiming six titles to their name. Their latest studio album, Lines, Vines and Trying Times, was released in that year. The Brothers most recently performed at a concert honoring Paul McCartney, in which they played a cover of "Drive My Car."
- Zac Brown Band While this country band did not perform as well as the Jonas Brothers in regards to their amount of charted titles, they claimed an honorable amount of three titles. They appeared at the Bonnaroo Music Festival in 2009, as well.
- Sugarland Like the Zac Brown Band, Sugarland also racked up three charted titles in 2009. Also like the Zac Brown Band, Sugarland is a country act. In 2009, they appeared onstage with the iconic B-52's at the CMT Awards.
- U2 U2 may be the band on this list with the most career longevity. While they only had one charted title in 2009, they released their twelfth album, No Line on the Horizon, and played a 360 degree world tour, which was unfortunately postponed due to Bono's back injury.
- Daughtry This band beat out the U2 juggernaut in charted titles with two, but could not rise above them in ranking. However, they still released a top-selling album, Leave This Town, in 2009.
- Dave Matthews Band This group, considered a jam band, matched Daughtry with two charted titles. They had a huge summer tour in 2009 to follow up the release of their most recent album, Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King.