For those who love action robbery films, you should check out these ten best bank heist movies. These films contain explosive thrills, plenty of interesting villains and constant plot twists. It’s not a true bank heist movie unless you’re left in awe of how the characters pulled off the seemingly impossible.
- “Point Break.” This classic bank heist movie has officially achieved cult status years ago! A young Keanu Reeves plays a detective who goes undercover to investigate a pack of surfers. Led by Patrick Swayze, the surfers are connected to a string of bizarre bank robberies. The movie is full of action and classic one-liners.
- “Dog Day Afternoon.” Al Pacino shines in this untraditional but great bank heist movie from the 1970’s. Pacino plays a very desperate man who holds up a bank to steal money for his lover’s sex change. He continually botches the job until he’s left in a standoff position inside the bank. The movie is based on a true story and builds to a powerful finale.
- “Inside Man.” For a contemporary film that presents a very classic depiction of a bank heist, watch this movie. A jailed criminal plots out what seems to be the perfect bank robbery, and a detective must attempt to unlock his secret before time runs out. Spike Lee directs a great cast that includes Denzel Washington, Clive Owen, Willem Dafoe, and Jodie Foster.
- “Ocean’s Eleven.” In this popular heist movie, Brad Pitt and George Clooney lead a cast of con men in flashy Las Vegas. The crew of eleven attempt to rob a famous hotel owner’s private casino vault. Nothing is as it seems as they carry out their elaborate plan.
- “Public Enemies.” In this recent film, Johnny Depp plays the real outlaw John Dillinger, who robbed bank after bank during the 1920’s. When an FBI agent is put on the case, this great bank heist movie becomes a cat and mouse game of suspense.
- “Bonnie and Clyde.” Another film that is based off a true story from the 1920’s is this classic movie starring Warren Beauty and Faye Dunaway as the title characters. The couple goes on a glamorous robbery spree in this best bank heist movie, but ultimately they aim too far and are brought down in one of the most famous scenes in cinema history.
- “The Town.” This recent bank heist movie is about a group of bank robbers in Boston who dress up as nuns when breaking into vaults. The film is directed by Ben Affleck. When the lead robber starts to fall for a bank employee, the entire robbery gang is placed in jeopardy.
- “Heat.” An explosive thriller, this best bank heist movie focuses on a cop who faces off against a formidable group of criminals who continually succeed at robbing banks and other huge money stores. Al Pacino plays the cop, while Robert De Niro, Val Kilmer, and Tom Sizemore comprise the bad guys.
- “The Dark Knight.” The movie is filled with superhero action and suspense, but also contains a great bank heist plot. Playing the Joker, Heath Ledger leads a motley crew of criminals into the bank, which makes up one of the best early scenes of the movie.
- “The Killing.” This best heist movie technically involves a robbery at a race track’s vault rather than a bank, but it is a must-see classic film that has many of the same elements of a bank heist film. Directed by Stanley Kubrick, the movie revolves around one man’s last big robbery at a race track and the elaborate ploy he devises with a group of fellow con men.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …