We love the 10 best bank job movies because they are so intense. There's that constant tension between the robbers doing their thing, and the good guys trying to catch them. There's usually a lot of turmoil within the gang of robbers. Whenever you have that much money involved, envy and jealousy enter into the picture. After all, these are bad guys to begin with.
- "Heat" – This Michael Mann film features two crime movie greats, Al Pacino and Robert De Niro. The story involves two men from entirely different spectrums in life. One is a cop, the other a robber.
- "Public Enemies" – In a Johnny Depp vehicle, some of the biggest crooks in American history make appearances. These include John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd, to name a few. The story takes place in the 1930s, a time when criminals were sometimes folk heroes.
- "Dog Day Afternoon" – Al Pacino is at his crazy best in this bank job movie where a man is driven to desperation, to pay for his girl's operation. What starts as a bank job, however, morphs into a hostage scenario. Directed by Sidney Lumet, this is one powerful drama.
- "Bonnie and Clyde" – If you like your crime stories violent and bloody, this film's for you. Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway star as a real life famous robber couple. It's also sort of a twisted love story.
- "Great St. Louis Bank Robbery" - This film stars Steve McQueen, one of the best action movie stars of all time. All is well in this bank job plot until a thief's sister starts to sing. That's when the robbery becomes not so great.
- "Inside Man" – This one is a lot like "Dog Day Afternoon", in that it's a bank job that turns into a hostage situation. In it, a cop is called upon to try and bring some calm into a tense situation.
- "Bank Shot" – This older film stars George C. Scott. When a bank is temporarily run from a mobile home, until a new building is built, it becomes too much of a temptation for some bank robbers. Yet, this job is not nearly as easy as it looks.
- "Brinks Job" – To a bank robber, those Brinks truck that travel around town carrying money seem like moving targets. They must appear like ducks to a hunter. Peter Falk stars in this film about how one gang tries to stop one of these money mobiles in its tracks.
- "Out of Sight" – Romance can come out of the strangest places. It can also pair some unlikely couples. In "Out of Sight", a lifetime bank robber and a US Marshall fall for each other. Go figure.
- "Quick Change" – There aren't nearly enough bank job comedies. However this is a good one. Gena Davis and Bill Murray make the great robbery escape look as funny as it is intense.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.