The 10 best bank robbing movies are not all serious, some are even funny. Some of these stories tell historical tales. But the main point is that all ten of them are great movies and anyone that loves a little bit of theft in their thrillers, comedies, actions and romances will love these movies.
- “Bandits” is a 2001 movie about two bank robbers. The two guys fall for a girl they kidnap. It has a great twist at the end, and it stars Cate Blanchett, Billy Bob Thornton and Bruce Willis.
- “Set It Off” is a chick flick unlike any other. This 1996 movie about a group of four women who chose to rob a bank because they are in desperate need of money is heartfelt and dramatic. It stars Jada Pinkett Smith, Queen Latifah, Vivica A. Fox, Kimberly Elise and Blair Underwood.
- “Sugar and Spice” is a more fun bank robbery film. In this 2001 film, a group of cheerleaders, including one that is pregnant, don “Betty doll” masks and begin robbing banks. More of a movie for teenagers, it is a cute story and has some good acting from young stars that have come a long way since this film, like Marley Shelton and Mena Suvari.
- The “Inside Man” is a movie about the perfect heist. A stellar film that is sure to be on many best bank robbing movie lists, this 2006 flick stars Denzel Washington, Clive Owen, Jodie Foster and Willem Dafoe.
- For a history in robbing banks, check out “Public Enemies” from 2009. This movie about American gangsters John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd stars Johnny Depp as Dillinger himself.
- 1967's “Bonnie & Clyde” starred Warren Beatty as Clyde Barrow and Faye Dunaway as Bonnie Parker. This film about this notorious bank robbing duo is a classic.
- 1991's “Point Break” tells the story about an FBI agent that goes undercover to stop some bank robbers. Waves and sun fill this dramatic bank robbing film. It stars Keanu Reeves, Patrick Swayze, Gary Busey and Lori Petty.
- In “The Italian Job” the bank robbers cause a traffic jam to cover their theft. These bank robbing mad men have a plan, but who knows if it will work. This 2003 film stars a huge cast of great names: Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Donald Sutherland, Jason Statham, Seth Green, Mos Def and Edward Norton.
- In 2006, Jason Statham returned again in a bank robbing movie, “The Bank Job.” In this flick, Statham plays a bank robber named Terry Leather, who thinks he has a solid plan on a robbery because of a tip.
- Though mostly forgotten, “Out of Sight” is one of the best bank robbing movies of the 90's. This 1998 film starred George Clooney as a bank robber who finds himself kidnapping a US Marshall, played by Jennifer Lopez. It also stars Ving Rhames, Don Cheadle, Samuel L. Jackson and Michael Keaton.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."