The 10 best Barack Obama jokes show that the current President is not immune to ribbing. It doesn’t matter if it’s his policies, his style, his birthplace or the media worship that permeated his campaign and first year of his presidency—these Barack Obama jokes skewer everything possible.
- "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" Obama's decision to increase the number of troops in Afghanistan was met with scorn from both Left and Right. It also opened him up to ridicule as seen in this joke by Jimmy Fallon. "Here's some good news. Barack Obama announced he's bringing home troops from Iraq. That's right. Unfortunately, he couldn't get them direct flights home. They have a two-year layover in Afghanistan."
- "The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien" When Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize, many said he didn't deserve it because he hadn't accomplished anything yet. But Conan O'Brien knew the real reason Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. "President Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. The committee said they awarded it to Obama partly for his idealism and commitment to global cooperation, but mostly for calling Kanye West a jackass."
- "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" Craig Ferguson threw his hat into the political humor ring with a vicious rip on Obama's spending policies. "It's a great day for our President, Barack Obama, who got to meet the Queen of England today. She regally gave him a photograph of her and he gave her an iPod! That's quite an unusual gift from the President. Usually he gives out about $150 million."
- "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" The media made such a big deal out of Obama during his campaign that it led many people to jokingly call him the Messiah. Jay Leno capitalized and made fun of the media for their hype. "Barack Obama spent his first day as president-elect putting together his transition team. If you believe MSNBC, by tomorrow he will have chosen all twelve of his disciples."
- "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" One of the most controversial things about Obama during his campaign was the company he kept, including former domestic terrorists and others who had been convicted of crimes. Leno takes this on and roasts Obama's penchant for unsavory characters. "What does Barack Obama call lunch with a convicted felon? A fundraiser."
- "The Late Show with David Letterman" Much like Jay Leno, David Letterman poked fun at Obama's associates and his Cabinet with this witty remark. "What’s the difference between Obama’s Cabinet and a penitentiary? One is filled with tax evaders, blackmailers and threats to society. The other is for housing prisoners."
- "The Colbert Report" Stephen Colbert reported on the scandal involving Rod Blagojevich and the link to Barack Obama's old Senate seat with more bashing of the media's treatment of Obama as a savior. "Shocking news out of Illinois today. Governor Rod Blagojevich was arrested on corruption charges, including the allegation that he was selling Barack Obama's vacant senate seat. Now, I personally am surprised Obama even needed a seat. I thought he just levitated."
- "The Late Show with Conan O’Brien" Cracking wise about Obama's approval of the bank bailouts and huge increases in spending, O'Brien said this: "Have you heard about McDonald’s new Obama Value Meal? Order anything you like and the guy behind you has to pay for it."
- "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" A group of people on the Right claim that Obama wasn't born in the United States, making him ineligible to be President. Obama's refusal to disclose his birth certificate only fueled that fire. Jimmy Kimmel decided to have a little fun at those conspiracy theorists. "Today, by the way, is our President, President Obama's, one-year anniversary in office. I looked it up. Traditionally on the first anniversary, you give paper, so I got him his birth certificate."
- "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" Making fun of the media for their portrayal of Obama as messiah never seemed to get old during the first year of his presidency and Jon Stewart offers the best joke of all. "After a quick meet-and-greet with King Abdullah, Obama was off to Israel where he made a quick stop at the manger in Bethlehem where he was born."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.