Here's our guide to finding the 10 Best Bars In NYC For A Birthday. Planning birthday parties in New York City is always a challenge, especially if you've decided to have your soiree in a bar. Considering the population of New York, it's no wonder that the city's top drinking spots are frequently cramped and busy. Normally, with a party of 3 or 4, getting a table, spot at the bar, and/or a round of whiskey gingers wouldn't be a problem, but when your crew is pushing 10+ people it's essential that you plan ahead and find yourself the perfect bar if you wanna have a perfect night.
- Grassroots Tavern If you're looking for one of the best bars for your birthday that's in the swanky part of NYC, this is your spot. Open from 4pm to 4am daily, Grassroots has cheap drinks, a fun crowd, and $1 popcorn! The place is huge, so you'll never have trouble finding a table that can fit your whole party.
- Lucky Dog Great tunes, $5 beer-and-a-shot special, puppy friendly, and the locale of the best damn patio in NYC. If it's summer, this is the bar for you.
- Barcade Wanna play '80s arcade games, drink unique beer, and celebrate your birthday, all at the same time? If you answered "yes," this is definitely number one on your list of the best bars in NYC for a birthday party.
- Cheap Shots If your idea of celebrating is getting rip-roaringly drunk for cheap and you don't care about much else, Cheap Shots is one of the best bars ever.
- The Rusty Knot Looks like a way classy version of your Midwestern grandparents’ den, plus aquariums full of fish, and is one of the best bars to imbibe rum drinks in NYC.
- Chloe 81 If you're hot enough to get in and rich enough to stay, this should be your top choice of best bars in NYC for a birthday party.
- The Levee Complete with free cheeseballs, darts, pool, beer koozies, and great drink specials, this place just feels like home and a party all rolled into one.
- 169 Bar ATTN: BEST HAPPY HOUR IN NEW YORK!! 4pm to 7:30pm daily: $2 off all, $3 beer/shot, $2 Bud, $2 well shot, $4 Jack/Jameson shot, $1 Leopard Skin pool table, Free Peanuts, $3 Dumplings! Even if it's past Happy Hour, 169 is never pricey—definitely one of the best bars in the city for a birthday.
- Union Pool This bar has the biggest patio and some of the greatest vibes in Brooklyn. If you're really popular and need a place to host your 30+ guests, go here.
- Fat Baby If you feel like dancing on your birthday Fat Baby should your top choice for a birthday. The DJs are great and the dance floor is always packed.
So, the next time your birthday rolls around and you find yourself in NYC, spend your night at one of these 10 bars. There's no way you'll regret it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Online Gaming
Get into FPSs and MOBAs without getting your ass kicked… too much.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.