Did you know that the Microbrew was basically invented in Portland; learn about the 10 best bars in Portland, Oregon. Whether you are looking for a relaxing night at a Pub, or you want to party until 4 am, check out the ten best bars in Portland, Oregon.
- Henry's Tavern. If you just turned 21 and you want to meet other people who just turned 21, go to Henry's Tavern. They have over 100 different beers on tap. They are also known for their reasonably priced Happy Hour Menu. If you are looking for something quiet and intimate, this is not the place for you, but if you are looking for somewhere to celebrate with fifteen of your closest friends, Henry's is the Best Bar in Portland. Located at 10 Northwest 12th Avenue.
- Bridgeport Brewing Company. One of the best bars in Portland, if you are looking for a pint and a slice of pizza. One of Portland's most popular pubs,and oldest brewery. The Bridgeport Brewing company is best known for its IPA. This bar is located at 1313 Northwest Marshall Street.
- Kel's. This Irish "Pub" is like a crazy dance club meets the laid back atmosphere of a pub. Kel's often features live Irish music and has been rated the best Irish bar in the nation. Kel's is especially popular on St. Patrick's day, you have to get tickets to enter. Located at 112 SW Second Ave.
The Kennedy School. This McMenamin's was formerly an elementary school. This bar attracts a lot of Portland College students. The Kennedy School has different rooms such as the "detention room" for smoking cigars and the" honors bar" with fresh-squeezed cocktails, just to name a few. 5736 NE 33rd Ave.
- Holocene. If you want to venture to the Southeast side of Portland, check out Holocene. From the outside, it might not appear to be one of the best bars in Portland, but go in anyway. Holocene hosts dance parties, live music and theme nights. Holocene is open late (sometimes until 4a.m.), they also have a great late night food menu. Note: There is often a 5 to 8 dollar cover at this bar. Located at 1001 Southeast Morrison Street.
- McMenamin's Crystal Ballroom. This best Portland bar has a bar upstairs and downstairs. The upstairs has a popular music venue which hosts local artists and bigger names a couple nights a week. The music venue is big enough to dance, and you can bring your drink with you. Located at 1332 West Burnside.
- Oba. The Oba is the best restaurant and bar in Portland for all of you trendy, Pearl District residents. This Latin bar is good if you want quality wine or beer and don't mind spending some money. This bar is especially popular on the first Thursday Artwalk of every month. Located at 555 NW 12th Ave.
- Shanghai Tunnel. Some think the high priced drinks and creepy tunnel basement-like atmosphere make the Shanghai overrated, but it is still a best bar in Portland that you should experience (especially if you are from out of town). Located at 211 SW Ankeny St.
- Lucky Labrador Breeder Hall. If you love dogs and 90s music, Lucky Labrador Breeder Hall is the Best Portland bar for you. No, there are not actual dogs inside, just photos on the walls. You can bring your dog and sit outside and enjoy a brew with other dog lovers (very popular in the summer). There are three Lucky Lab locations, but the best is the Northwest spot; located at 1945 NW Quimby St.
- Laurel Thirst Public House. If you like good beer and local Portland music, Laurel Thirst is the best Portland bar for you. Its cozy atmosphere can get kind of crowded, so you might want to check it out on a weekday. Located at 2958 NE Glisan St.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)