The 10 best bars for singles in Chicago run the spectrum from sports bars to dance clubs. The Windy City has plenty of establishments in which to find a special someone, either for the night or for the long term. The best bars for singles in Chicago are a diverse group of classy lounges and laid-back dive bars.
- Rebar. For a sophisticated night out, check out Rebar in the Trump Chicago Hotel on Chicago’s Near North Side. With cocktails costing $15 each, Rebar may put a dent in your wallet, but its upscale atmosphere makes it one of the best spots for socializing and one of the best bars for singles in Chicago.
- Danny’s. Cheap drinks and good music make this small, unassuming Bucktown dive bar a favorite among 20- and 30-somethings. Danny’s is known for its monthly dance nights, including Soul Night and Smiths Night, an event featuring songs from the Smiths and other popular ‘80s bands.
- The Hunt Club. Few would argue with the inclusion of the Hunt Club on the list of the 10 best bars for singles in Chicago. A popular dance venue, the Hunt Club caters specifically to singles with its weekly “Single to Mingle Fridays” event, which features $3 “liquid courage” shots. The bar is open until at least 4 a.m. every night of the week.
- John Barleycorn. Named for a slang term for barley used in liquor, John Barleycorn is a large, two-floor bar catering to the under-30 crowd. Featuring sports on the television and dance music upstairs, John Barleycorn is a part of any Wrigleyville bar crawl and a worthy inclusion on the list of best bars for singles in Chicago.
- Debonair Social Club. Located in the trendy Wicker Park neighborhood, Debonair is a popular hipster hangout with an ultra-crowded dance floor. Debonair’s most popular event is its Monday night Rehab party, voted America’s Best Party by the readers of "Paper Magazine".
- Joe’s Sports Bar. Joe’s might be a surprising inclusion on the list of best bars for singles in Chicago, but the bar attracts a larger number of ladies than you might normally find at a sports bar. The bar boasts more than 100 large screen televisions, making it an ideal spot for singles who happen to be sports fans.
- Angels & Kings. This nightclub had a high-profile opening in 2008 thanks to the popularity of its co-owner, Fall Out Boy bassist Pete Wentz. It has become a popular hangout for trendy scenesters interested in socializing or catching an occasional rock concert.
- Simone’s Bar. Located in the up-and-coming Pilsen neighborhood southwest of downtown, Simone’s is a fun hangout with funky decor and a young crowd. You’re likely to find plenty of folks to socialize with here, if you can take your eyes off the old pinball machines and wacky decorations throughout the bar.
- Vision Nightclub. Vision is one of the best dance clubs in the city, featuring DJs spinning house, techno, and all varieties of electronic music. The huge club often hosts hundreds of people for big events, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to meet someone.
- English Bar and Restaurant. This bar in the River North neighborhood offers an impressive selection of cocktails and traditional English pub food. English is one of the best bars for singles in Chicago – and readers of "Chicago Scene" named English the city’s best neighborhood bar.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.