If you're looking for the 10 best bars for singles in Washington, D.C., you've come to the right place. A big city with a small town feel, Washington, D.C. is known for its nightlife, especially with the young professional crowd. If you're just visiting for the weekend of looking to find somewhere new to frequent, be sure to check out one of these bars.
- Tom Tom. Tom Tom is one of the most popular bars for singles in DC's Adams Morgan neighborhood, and rightfully so. Boasting two floors, including a dance floor and rooftop patio complete with pool tables and couches, there's something—and someone—for everyone here.
- Guards. Don't judge a book by its cover—Guards has a secret hidden downstairs! Be sure to venture to the basement, where the music keeps everyone going all night long. If you're looking to take a break, head upstairs for a sit down meal at a booth or at the bar, and more intimate conversation.
- Hawk and Dove. Hawk and Dove is a Capitol Hill staple, known for its Happy Hour drink and food specials, and for being one of the best bars for singles on Capitol Hill. H&D has a great atmosphere for groups, but allows for individual mingling and conversation as well. Be sure to stop by, especially if you like to talk politics!
- Local 16. Local 16 is the best bar on U Street for D.C. singles. It's spacious enough to spread your wings, with an incredible rooftop deck with great views. Local 16 draws singles from all areas of the city, so you'll always see a fresh face.
- The Reef. The Reef has three floors of fun, each with unique decor and distinct atmospheres. The rooftop bar is crowd controlled, so you'll always have someone to talk to. The Reef's open atmosphere makes it one of the best bars for singles, as it encourages mingling and conversation, so you'll never have a dull moment.
- Lucky Bar. Lucky Bar has some of the best drink specials in the District, so be sure to stop by at least once! Drink specials always draw a crowd, which helps it keep its reputation as one of D.C's best bars for singles.
- Rocket Bar. Rocket Bar, located in the heart of Chinatown, is a well-known bar with an undiscovered feel. The bar stocks many unique beers that aren't widely available elsewhere, as well as fun arcade games which make for great conversation starters.
- Tony and Joe's Seafood Place. On the weekends, Tony and Joe's is one of the ultimate Georgetown singles' bars. Located right on the waterfront and completely outdoors, you can't go wrong with a night spent here.
- Madam's Organ. If you love live music and meeting new people, Madam's Organ is the place to be in Adams Morgan. It's unique atmosphere—unlike any other in the city—draws a diverse crowd, and will always give you something to talk about.
- Tortilla Coast. Like Hawk and Dove, Tortilla Coast is another Capitol Hill staple. Known for their margaritas, free chips and salsa, and sports bar atmosphere, Tortilla Coast draws everyone from summer interns to seasoned Hill staffers.
To make it in D.C., you've got to be outgoing—which makes it the perfect place for singles to meet one another. Be sure to check out these 10 best bars for singles in Washington, D.C., whether you're looking for good conversation or a long term relationship—there's someone for everybody!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …