There is more to the basketball shoes than just looks and style and the list of 10 best basketball shoes for support explains more on these aspects. The right set of shoes should provide support to the ankles, be lightweight so that the players can run quickly with ease and should be flexible.
- EB2 by Converse – Regarded highly by players as the best basketball shoes ever, EB2 from Converse provides best ankle support, great flexibility and a well fit. The shoes has leather uppers, lining in nylon and a Velcro strap in the front for better adjustability. The rubber sole makes it that much more durable. The design of the shoes is inspired by the All-Star player Elton Brand.
- Air Max Lebron VII from Nike – These shoes made with Max 360 Air sole for excellent ventilation and advanced strategic cushioning technology for proper ankle cushioning and support. The design features include full leather uppers and patented details in leather all over the body of the shoe.
- Air Max Elite II TB from Nike – Another special from Nike, these shoes are perfect for power players. The perforated neoprene provides the much required ankle support while the Phylon (made from foam ethylene vinyl acetate) midsole keeps the shoes lightweight. The solid rubber outsole keeps it durable for a longer time. Design details are provided in the form of uppers in rich synthetic leather and seamless inner sleeve.
- Fly By from Adidas – These basketball sneakers have uppers made of perforated EVA making it lightweight as well as enhancing its comfort and breath-ability. The ankles are well supported especially during dribbling thanks to the compression molded EVA midsole and the adiPrene heel insert. The Formation technology with which the shoes have been made renders enhanced motion control on the court. Other features include durable PU insole, non-marking outsole in rubber and padded tongue.
- Air Force One from Nike – This low cut shoe is excellent for ankle support. The shoes has leather uppers, PU midsole with Air-sole that gives a smooth ride. The rubber outsole provides grip making it durable at the same time.
- Special Ops Mid from Converse – Also very supportive on the ankles, these shoes have uppers of synthetic leather, tongue padded with air-mesh for comfort and breath-ability, padded collar for extra comfort and additional protection with the heel counter and toe bumper. The rubber outsole has 2–tone traction and the EVA midsole has padded sock liner for ease.
- Deep Range II from Reebok – A cool hoops shoe, the mid-cut Deep Range II has additional cushioning on the heel provided through Hexalite technology. The shoes have uppers in lightweight synthetic, herringbone traction rubber outsole for high abrasion and removable EVA sockliner.
- KG Bounce from Adidas – This signature shoe from Kevin Garnett has the Bounce technology used for the first time by Adidas. The smooth leather shoes have nubuck upper, NBA logo and star pattern on the finished panel and lace-up closure. The ankles get comfort and support from the padded collar and tongue.
- TS Ace Commander from Adidas – This basketball shoes for women is inspired by Candace Parker. The shoes has synthetic leather uppers, internal-external strap for maximum fit, patented leather trims for style and design, EVA midsole, non-marking rubber outsole and adiPrene inserts.
- First Round Repeat from Puma – The uppers are made suede leather with “1st Round” logo inscribed over it. The lace-up ensures a flexible comfortable fit while the padded collar provides extra stability.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...