10 Best Basketball Stars Of All Time
The 10 best basketball players of all time contributed to make the game of basketball popular. Without these players, basketball would have not evolved into one of the most popular team sports in the world. See if your favorite player made it on the list of the best basketball stars of all time.
- Michael Jordan "His Airness" played sixteen seasons in the NBA starting with the 1984 to 1985 season and ending with the 2002 to 2003 season. He took a couple of years away from basketball to try his hand at baseball in 1993, but was back on a basketball court by 1994. He helped the Chicago Bulls win six NBA championships and finished his career with a total of 32,292 points.
- Patrick Ewing Patrick Ewing never won an NBA championship, but his 2008 induction into the NBA Hall of Fame helped to solidify his place as one of the ten best basketball stars of all time. His career total of 24,815 points also helps.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Kareem Abdul-Jabbar easily makes the list of the best basketball stars of all time. He was a nineteen-time all-star, a six-time world champion and he finished his career with an amazing 38,387 points.
- Earvin "Magic" Johnson Earvin Johnson was such a good basketball player that he is now commonly known by his nickname "Magic." Magic was a twelve-time NBA all-star, five-time NBA champion and a three-time regular season MVP. His career was cut short after the 1995 to 1996 season when he was diagnosed as HIV positive.
- Larry Bird Larry Bird was a competitor and well-known for his on-court and off-court, competition with Magic Johnson and the Los Angeles Lakers. Bird was a twelve-time all-star, a three-time NBA world champion and finished his career with a total of 21,791 points.
- Bill Russell All Bill Russell knew how to do was win championships. In thirteen-year career that spanned from 1956 to 1969, Russell amassed numbers that may never be equaled. He was a twelve-time all-star, an eleven-time NBA world champion and a five-time NBA MVP. That is a career that will get you listed as one of the best basketball stars of all time.
- Wilt "The Stilt" Chamberlain In a career that spanned fourteen years from 1959 to 1973, this seven-foot tall Phenom recorded a total of 31,419 points. He also appeared in thirteen all-star games as was a part of two NBA world championship teams.
- Oscar Robertson Oscar Robertson played from the 1960 to 1961 season until his retirement after the 1973 to 1974 season. In that time he scored a total of 26,710 points, played in twelve all-star games and won one NBA world championship.
- Moses Malone Moses Malone played in the NBA for nineteen seasons. In that time he scored a total of 27,409 points, played in twelve all-star games and won an NBA world championship. Longevity and productivity together helped to put Moses Malone on the list of the best basketball stars of all time.
- Bob Pettit Bob Pettit was one of the most creative players with the ball that ever played the game. He played eleven seasons in the NBA from 1954 to 1965. In that time he scored 20,880 points, played in eleven all-star games and won an NBA world championship.