10 Best Beaches For Snorkeling In The World
Call yourself a true snorkeling guru and visit the ten best beaches for snorkeling in the world. From whales to dolphins to sting rays, a little bit of everything awaits you all over the planet.
- Kahaluu Beach Park. Swim with the sea turtles off of the shore of this black sand beach. The algae attracts the sea turtles making this one of the ten best beaches for snorkeling in the world. Reefs made from coral also are home to different schools of tropical fish, which makes for an entertaining snorkel spot. Kahaluu Beach Park: Big Island, Hawaii.
- Rurutu. Change your life and swim with the migrating humpback whales. A boat will take you to a spot away from the beach where you quietly envelope yourself within the tranquil waters and watch these whales mate, nurse or rest. Understand that the size of these majestic creatures will make you feel miniscule but your life will never be the same, which makes this one of the ten best beaches for snorkeling in the world. Rurutu: Australs, Tahiti.
- Dry Tortugas National Park. Hop on a 40-minute flight from the Florida Keys and check out this amazing National Park that makes the list of the ten best beaches for snorkeling in the world. The Caribbean fish are colorful and plentiful and, when you tire from swimming, you can enjoy a picnic on the beach. Dry Tortugas National Park: Key West, Florida.
- Heron Island. This beach offers you the benefits of snorkeling without even getting in the water. You have the option of swimming this area of the Great Barrier Reef or actually walking over a portion of it. There are sea turtles and manta rays to play with as well as a ridiculous variety of fish. Heron Island: Great Barrier Reef, Australia.
- Stingray City. This beach is devoted to spending time with playful stingrays that are as exuberant as a brand new puppy. Boats take you from the beach to the sand bar where you can jump right in and feed these gentle creature who will tickle your legs as they pass by. Sting Ray City: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.
- Anse D'Argent. It is hard to decide where you want to spend the majority of your time when you visit this gorgeous locale. The beaches are picturesque and the water is teeming with life. This truly is one of the ten best beaches for snorkeling in the world. Anse d'Argent: La Digue, Mahe, Seychelles Islands.
- Kealakekua Bay. You are sure to sight dolphins, turtles and eels at this secluded bay on the Big Island of Hawaii. The water is almost always calm and you won't be bombarded by tons of tourists, as it is a hike to get here. Kealakekua Bay: Big Island, Hawaii.
- Stingray World. This spot is much like Stingray City but without the tourists. The area is small and secluded and the stingrays seem like your own personal pets by the time you leave. They are quick to accept you into their family if you have snacks to hand out, and all of this occurs in three feet of water. Stingray World: Cooks Bay, Moorea, Tahiti.
- La Jolla Cove. Off the shore of California, a small cove lies where you can swim with tiger sharks during the summertime months. This preserved location is beautiful and the home to majestic sea caves and seals that play upon the rocks. La Jolla Cove: San Diego, California.
- Ned's Beach. With every turn of your head, something new will catch your eye, making the long trek to this spot well worth it. Ned's Beach is one of the top ten best beaches for snorkeling in the world. Ned's Beach: Lord Howe Island, Australia.
Posted on: Apr. 19, 2010