10 Best Beaches In The South
Need to know the 10 best beaches in the South? The south is known for its southern hospitality; get a taste of it at these ten charming American beaches in the south.
- Miami Beach. Miami Beach is home to many of the world's elite, it's the place to be seen. Whether you visit for shopping, history or art, Miami has a little bit of something for everyone. Miami features everything from art deco architect, the hottest night clubs, international cuisine, and miles of powder sugar beaches to work on your tan. Miami is a must for our top ten list.
- Virginia Beach. Virginia Beach has been coined an "classic American vacation spot." With 35 miles of beach for you to stroll along, and three different beaches to choose from, Virginia Beach offers many options for its travellers. If you prefer the classic beach setting, stay at Virginia Beach. If you want more of nature stay at Chesapeake Bay, which features the First Landing National Park. Want something more secluded? Head to Sandbridge, where ocean front rental homes line the beach and tranquility are abundant.
- Myrtle Beach. This Southern charmer is a great budget friendly option. With nearly 14 million visitors every year, it's no wonder that Myrtle Beach is one of the top ten southern beaches. With balmy temperatures for eight out of twelve months, affordable lodging and endless eating options, Myrtle Beach makes for a perfect weekend getaway destination. Other areas featured at Myrtle Beach are: North Myrtle Beach, Surfside, Garden City, Murrells Inlet, Litchfield Beach, Pawley's Island, Sunset, and Ocean Isle Beach.
- Tybee Island. Located in Savannah, Georgia, this gorgeous beach gained even more popularity when Hannah Montana's Miley Cyrus filmed Nicholas Sparks "The Last Song" there in spring 2009. Tybee Island is a small barrier island located 18 miles east of Savannah. The 3 mile long beach features sand dunes, and a south-end pier perfect for fishing. Tybee Island is also rich in history, visit the Tybee Island Lighthouse or Fort Pulaski National Monument to get a taste of Tybee's History.
- South Padre Island. South Padre Island is located on Texas's tropical tip. Surround by Laguna Madre Bay and the Gulf of Mexico, this island has a bit of something for everyone. Wether you want to fish, boat, bird watch, shop, or take a dip in the warm gulf waters, everything is all right here. Many restaurants in South Padre will even cook up the fish you caught for your evening dinner.
- Panama City Beach. Florida has some of America's best beaches. Panama City is no exception, with 27 miles of soft sand, tropical gulf waters, and endless forms of entertainment. Panama City has a lot to offer, great for those on a budget, spring break and weekend getaways.
- Cumberland Island. Cumberland Island is located in Georgia's southernmost largest barrier island. Stunning maritime forests, wide marshes speak of humanity and nature, and miles of untouched beaches welcome you. Fully relax or explore with guided tours on this top 10 beach.
- Clearwater Beach. Located on the gulf of Mexico, this stunning beach is perfect for a family getaway or a place to relax. Indulge in a variety of activities from kayaking, fishing, golfing, and sailing. To watching the Philadelphia Phillies spring training at Brighthouse Field, or checking out the dolphins at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
- Naples Beach. Also located in Florida is Naples Beach. Naples Beach offers six other beaches within to choose from. Naples Beach features a 7 mile long beach and a multitude of fish for great fishing. This beach is perfect for a romantic getaway or anniversary trip. Be sure to partake in round or two of golf in Naples; there are over twenty options to choose from.
- Kiawah Island. Located near Charleston, South Carolina. Play a round of golf at one of the the world best golf courses. This barrier island is a friendly family oasis. With ten miles of beaches to choose from and sand dunes to relax on find out what true southern hospitality is on Kiawah Island.