Finding the right place to hang out with friends over a frosty pint of beer can be difficult, but here to make things a little easier are the 10 best beer bars in NYC. Everyone loves a great brew, and now it’s so much easier to find the best of the best. Cheers!
- Bohemian Hall and Beer Garden. At over 100 years old, this Beer Garden is the oldest in NYC. In a quiet borough of Manhattan, you’ll find this outdoor garden with a rock floor and hundreds of picnic tables serving brats and dogs, and of course, the Pièce de résistance: the beer! One of the best beer bars in NYC and a proper beer hall, you won’t get close unless you go to Germany! 29-19 24th Avenue, Astoria, NY 11102
- Dinosaur BBQ. Located in a vibrant part of Harlem, Dinosaur BBQ makes it as one of the best beer bars in NYC due to its unbeatable BBQ and impressive beer selection. Go in, order a plate of ribs and a brew and you’ll be in Dinosaur Heaven! 646 W 131st St.New York, NY 10027
- Gramercy Tavern. Though Gramercy Tavern is primarily a very expensive restaurant, you’ll also find in the front their “Tavern,” a less expensive counterpart to the restaurant with its own menu and a wide variety of domestic and imported beers. 42 East 20th St.New York, NY 10003
- Heartland Brewery. With a philosophy highlighting the importance of drinking locally, at Heartland you’ll find fresh, interesting and complex beers brewed daily right here in NY. Their commitment to locally brewed beer along with their Beer Goddess (a three liter Pilsner glass filled to the brim with a handcrafter Heartland Brew) makes this one of the best beer bars in NYC. 127 West 43rd St. New York, NY. 10019
- Lil’ Frankies. What’s a better combination than pizza and beer? Nothing! At this charming East Village neighborhood haunt you’ll find the best of both: brick oven pizza and an impressive selection of beers. 19 1st Ave. New York, NY. 10009
- Spuyten Duyvil. Another beer bar located in a borough that’s worth the trip! This time traveling to Brooklyn for one of the best beer bars in NYC. Serving only cheese and meat, this bar lets the beer be the star. 359 Metropolitan Ave. Brooklyn, NY. 11211
- Waterfront Ale House. Featuring a cozy atmosphere and comfort food galore this is the place to go for a burger and beer. The impressively huge selection of both draught and bottled domestic and imported beers and many rare vintages makes this one of the best beer bars in NYC. 520 2nd Ave.New York, NY 10016
- Amsterdam Ale House. This bar’s extensive beer list features the best quality ales and lagers available. You’ll find something for everyone here from brunch, to classic bar fare, to a beer for all palates. 340 Amsterdam Ave. New York, NY. 10024
- Hop Devil Grill. The place to go for a good time! Serving up classic bar fare, it’s the beer menu that makes this one of the best beer bars in NYC. With a wide selection of both domestic and imported, this bar has a wide variety of everything, but most especially the delicious beers of Belgium! 129 St. Marks Place New York, NY 10009
- Amity Hall. Located in the West Village, this is one of the hippest beer halls you'll find in NYC. Live music every Saturday and a popular vibe with the younger crowd can make it difficult to score a bar stool, but standing is worth it for the thoughtful selection of brews at this mainstay beer hall. 80 West 3rd St. New York, NY. 10012
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …