If you are looking to buy one of the 10 best beginner motorcycles for yourself or a friend, this guide is for you. Beginner motorcycles are typically assessed in terms of power, size, weight and maneuverability. The ideal beginner motorcycle is adequately but not overly powerful, a manageable size and weight and easily maneuverable by an inexperienced rider.
- The Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD. This well-balanced motorcycle combines good size, power and pricing to make it a good choice for a beginning motorcyclist. The Vulcan is also a favorite of many experienced riders as well.
- The Kawasaki Ninja 500R. The Ninja line of motorcycles are known for their speed and power, but have no fear; this model is scaled down to more manageable power levels to make it appropriate for beginners. Larger riders can feel free to move up to a more powerful model as well.
- The Suzuki DR-Z400SM. This motorcycle combines aspects of dirt bike design and a street bike suspension to make it suitable for those who would enjoy more options for riding terrain. The model also features excellent acceleration.
- The Suzuki GS500F. Another Suzuki model that combines a sleek, powerful look with a level of engine power that is easily manageable for beginning riders. This motorcycle is an excellent economic choice as well.
- The Harley Davidson Sportster 883 XL Low. This bike is a part of the famous and expensive Harley Davidson brand. But don't let that put you off; this sportser is the lowest priced in its line and makes for the sticker price by being the most high-quality beginner motorcycle available.
- The Suzuki GSX 650F. Yet another Suzuki model that makes for an excellent beginner bike, its riding comfort makes it stand out from other economy-priced motorcycles. The GSX also features adequate power and maneuverability.
- The BMW G650 Xcountry. This dual-purpose motorcycle offers and unique design and reliable motor certified by the BMW brand. Great for riders that may enjoy some off-road riding.
- The Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom. This motorcycle is one of the more powerful models on this list. The V-Star 650 is also the tallest and heaviest but is still a suitable beginner cycle for those who can handle its size.
- The Triumph Bonneville. This motorcycle combines a classic look and reliable power to make it a good choice for beginning motorcyclists. The Bonneville is a favorite amongst European motorcycle enthusiasts.
- The Honda Shadow Aero. This motorcycle is last on the list because it is sometimes considered too powerful for the average beginner. Choose this bike for a mature rider who can handle its weight.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.