Living on the coast with access to the ocean leaves many people wondering where the best beginner surfing spots on the Washington Coast are. Many beginners are unaware of what surfs are the safest for them to learn their skills and find themselves postponing their dream of surfing because they are unable to locate a spot to begin.
- Fort Canby Known as one of the best beginner surfing spots on the Washington Coast, Fort Canby is one of the best places to learn the trade. The waves break in a beach-break pattern, both right and left. The spot offers privacy because it is not heavily populated and has easy access to the beach.
- Slat Creek As one of the best beginner surfing spots on the Washington Coast, Slat Creek offers nice, small waves and privacy from more experienced surfers because it is not one of the most heavily populated beaches. The waves are reef-rocky and break to both the left and right.
- Westhaven State Park Westhaven State Park is one of the best beginner surfing spots on the Washington Coast, especially for those who have already begun to pick up the beginning steps. The waves are a beach-break type and break in both the right and left directions, making this a great spot for beginning surfers.
- Wash Away Beach Wash Away Beach is a popular place for those who are looking for the best beginner surfing spots on the Washington Coast. When tides are good, surfers have the luxury of catching long waves. The waves at Wash Away Beach are sand-bar in type and break to the right.
- The Lighthouse Commonly known by its alternate name, Dungeness, The Lighthouse is one of the best beginner surfing spots on the Washington Coast. Its regional classic waves that are considered sand-bar in type break to the left and make this spot a great one for those who are looking to get more into the sport of surfing.
- Clinton Landing By taking advantage of the ferry that goes by Clinton Landing, beginners can find themselves with a great opportunity to catch the waves. Its beach-break waves that break to the left are a perfect fit for surfers of all levels and make Clinton Landing one of the best beginner surfing spots on the Washington Coast.
- Golden Gardens Located at the north end of the Seattle Golden Gardens beach, this is an excellent choice for the best beginner surfing spots on the Washington Coast. With its short wavelength, beginners can get a feel for the sport before jumping right in. Waves are point-break in type and break to the left.
- Ocean Park The wave consistency of Ocean Park makes this one of the best beginner surfing spots on the Washington Coast. Beginners will have the benefit of multiple opportunities to catch the waves, giving them the chance to really learn the sport. The waves at Ocean Park are beach-break in type and break to the right.
- Pillar Point For those looking to learn the ropes of surfing without the crowds normally found at beaches, Pillar Point is a great choice for the best beginner surfing spots on the Washington Coast. The point-break waves that break to the left make Pillar Point an excellent spot to practice your skills before hitting the big waves.
- Seaman Spit Seaman Spit is one of the places surfers are least likely to catch a break. However, the waves that individuals are able to experience make this spot one of the best beginner surfing spots on the Washington Coast. When a surfer has the opportunity to catch one of the sand-bar, left breaking waves, the experience will prepare them for the lengthy and tricky waves at some of the beaches that are designed for those with more experience.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.