For those who have taken to plunge and decided to take up surfing, knowing the 10 best beginner waves in the world can help vacation planning and risk assessment. Whether just beginning, teaching, or a seasoned surfer safety should always be kept high on the priority list. Passport in hand and board under an arm, the following list should help make for some great beginning surfing experiences.
- WaikikiBeach, Honolulu Hawaii. The classic, tropical, tourist-ridden surf spot, Waikiki is a great place for beginners as well as those with a little more practice.
- White Plains Beach aka Barbers Point, in Kapolei, Hawaii. White Plains Beach is also a great Hawaii beginners spot, on the western side of the island, away from Honolulu, and occasionally there are lessons provided by the Fire Department.
- PacificBeach, San Diego. Tourmaline Surf Park at Pacific Beach features various types of surfing, including spots ideal for beginners.
- Saladia, Mexico. Not as far from the US as some beginner spots, but far enough to be exotic, Saladita offers plenty of gentle waves that are easy enough for beginners to get in some great surfing.
- Morocco, near Taghazoute. For those traveling during the colder months, Morocco can be a great surf spot for beginners with several easy wave locations in and around Taghazoute.
- Co.Donegal, Ireland. Though cold at times, Ireland's Bundoran Surf Co. in Co.Donegal offers lessons and spot tips for surfers or all levels, including beginners.
- Barbadosoffers lessons and locations. Zed's Surfing Adventures feature a school and rentals, as well as tour packages. A great way for beginners in Barbados to find the right spot for safe waves.
- New South Wales, Australia. Byron Bay is a surf school offering lessons, rentals, and accommodations. Byron Bay provides adequate instruction for beginners, including safety pointers, and supervision at beginner wave spots.
- KutraBeach, Bali. Considered to be among the world's best for beginner waves, this beach tends to be modestly populated as opposed to some of the more over-crowded beaches like Waikiki in Hawaii.
- Itacare, Brazil. Although the waves are stronger in the Fall and Winter, Itacare is a hot spot for surfers in mid-Summer around July. Itacare is a great spot for slightly advanced-beginners.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.