10 Best Best Acoustic Songs Ever
Unplug with the ten best acoustic songs ever. Acoustic music refers to songs with vocals and instrumentals that produce a sound only by acoustic means. Many fans think performing acoustically can be a band’s true test of talent. So many songs are edited these days that bands enjoy seeing that the band doesn’t sound good only thanks to technology. Acoustic songs started being referred to as the "unplugged" version after MTV’s 90s acoustic show “Unplugged."
- “Hero of War” by Rise Against. If this song doesn’t make you cry, then there might be something wrong with your eyes. This song is about how country's view their soldiers with honor, even though they don’t truly understand the things they go through.
- “Blackbird” by The Beatles. This song is about the civil rights struggles for African Americans. In the original version, all that was recorded was Paul McCartney’s vocals, him on acoustic guitar and a tapping. Later the sound of birds was dubbed in. In the background there is a scratching sound. The master copy of the record was intentionally scratched.
- “Redemption Song” by Bob Marley. This was his last single before his death in 1981. He died from cancer at 36 and due to his Rastafarian beliefs he refused traditional medicine. This song summed up his life and was his last gift to the world. Watching him perform this as an acoustic version will break your heart.
- “Where Did You Sleep Last Night” by Nirvana. The song is about a man who finds out his wife cheated on him and then he goes out into the cold to die in an accident. The acoustic song version is very moving and lyrics ironic considering lead singer Kurt Cobain’s tragic death.
- “Against the Wind” by Bob Seger. Seger has one the great voices in music history. The song is about moving ahead and trying to keep your sanity. There is a bitter sweet tone to the song that wishes things never changed which is shown with the line “Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then”.
- “American Pie” by Don McLean. With cryptic lyrics the song is very much open for interruption. The acoustic song version of this song is haunting and McLean’s voice will give you chills.
- “Down by the River” by Neil Young. This acoustic song is about a man who catches his woman cheating on him. Later he finds her down by the river and shoots her. It’s a sad story but a great song.
- “Layla” by Eric Clapton. The acoustic song version of this song is better known than the original release. It is about unrequited love. The song has an amazing beat for an acoustic song.
- “Re-Align” by Godsmack. This is an amazing rock song but the acoustic version really shows how much talent this band has. Many rock songs lose their edge when they are done as acoustic song versions but this one seems to gain something in the change.
- “Heaven Beside You” by Alice Chains. This song is about being in love with someone but life keeps tearing the two of you apart. The acoustic version of this song shows off just how much talent the band has.