If you think that it's time for a change of pace, check out the 10 best big cities to live in. Big cities offer a wider variety of benefits than smaller cities, and that means more things to do and more places to do them.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Situated on the Delaware River, Philadelphia is a great city in its own right, made better by its closeness to New York, DC, and Baltimore. Plus, if you live in Philly, you can do the Rocky run up and down the Art Museum steps as much as you want.
- Boston, Massachusetts. One of the most laid back of the big cities in New England, Boston still has much of its colonial feel. The city is pretty compact, so its easy to navigate on foot or public transportation.
- San Francisco, California. San Francisco is on the forefront of just about every cultural movement in the US. A great place to live if you like being out and about, and can afford the high cost of living.
- Seattle, Washington. A great big city for those who want a small town feel with big city amenities. The birthplace of grunge and Starbucks, Seattle is a good bet for someone who wants an indie vibe.
- Portland, Oregon. If you're looking for a big city to live in that looks to a greener ideal, Portland may be the choice for you. This environmentally conscious big city supplies part of its power from renewable resources.
- Denver, Colorado. Nestled in the Rocky Mountains, Denver has plenty of singles and a roaring nightlife. Plus, it's called the Mile High City. Maybe there's a club or something you could join.
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Perfect for someone looking for a more relaxed but culture ridden big city to live in. Pittsburgh also gives a good starting point for reaching other cities on the East Coast
- Columbus, Ohio. With a high number of museums, restaurants, and other leisure activities, Columbus is a great big city to live in. From Columbus, other Ohio cities are a short drive.
- Chicago, Illinois. From its perch on the shores of Lake Michigan, Chicago holds the title of the largest city in the Midwest. With the large lake to its east, Chicago is the perfect big city to live in for those who want a convenient beach without year-round heat.
- St Louis, Missouri. Not the trendiest big city to live in on the list, St Louis still has a lot to offer. Museum, clubs, casinos and a rich history make it a great place to live.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.