The 10 best bike trails in Florida are not hard to find—the hard part is choosing which ones to try first! Florida bicyclists enjoy unique wildlife and lush natural areas in every part of the state. Biking trails in Florida suit beginner, intermediate or advanced cyclists.
- Blackwater Heritage State Trail. Located near Pensacola, Blackwater Heritage State Trail is seven miles of paved trail and is ideal for every age. The best bike trail in Florida, Blackwater Heritage State Trail is scenic, has different paths you can take each time you go and the park does not charge a fee.
- Tallahasee-St. Marks Historic Railroad State Trail. Another one of the best bike trails in Florida is the Tallahasee-St. Marks Historic Railroad State Trail. This trail has sixteen miles of paved paths and not only will bikers get a scenic trip, they will enjoy some history.
- Nature Coast State Trail. The best bike trail in Florida near the coast is Nature Coast State Trail. The trails is 32 miles of paved road and is considered by some to be beautiful and off the beaten path.
- Alafia River State Park Trail. One of the best bike trails in Florida for mountain cyclists, the Alafia River State Park Trail has paths for beginner, intermediate and advanced riders. Cyclists will get their adrenaline pumping with fast drops, ridge top trails and hillside ledges.
- Croom Trails. Part of the Withlacoochee Forest, Croom Trails is one of the best bike trails in Florida that is completely off-road. 55 miles of biking trails and was opened in 1997 dedicated to bikers who enjoy long rides.
- Flatwoods Park Trail. The best bike trail in Florida for cyclists looking for wilderness, the Flatwoods Park Trail is a single-track trail and is perfect for beginners. The paths are shaded with plenty of oak and pine trees, a welcome relief to the summer sunshine.
- Trout Creek Park Trail. Considered by many cyclists as one of the best bike trails in Florida, Trout Creek Park Trail is a short trip, but one of the more scenic adventures. Close to Tampa, the trails see 600 bike riders every week.
- Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park. The best bike trail in Florida's eastern panhandle, Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park has beautiful gardens and lakes on the former plantation land. The paths are unpaved, making it an adventure for cyclists.
- Fort Clinch State Park. Cyclists in northeast Florida say that Fort Clinch State Park makes their list of the best bike trails in Florida. The trail have a lot of options including both paved and unpaved paths, historic landmarks, beaches and even allows bikers seaside trail access when the tide is low.
- Santos Bike Trail East. The best bike trail in Florida when it comes to Citrus, Marion and Putnam counties, Santos Bike Trail East has more than 30 miles of mountain bike trails. The paths have difficulty levels for beginner and advanced riders. Santos Bike Trail East attracts riders from every corner of the state.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!