Cycling is an excellent way to get fit, therefore every cycling enthusiast needs to know about the ten best bike trails in Minnesota. From the adventurous off-road Piedmont Trail to the urban Gateway Trail, there are many great bike trails in Minnesota to choose between.
- Piedmont Trail. The adventurous off-road Piedmont Trail is one of the best bike trails in Minnesota. According to MORC, the Piedmont Trail is very rocky with steep descents and is approximately eleven miles in length. This is the perfect bike trail for the experienced cyclist. Piedmont Trail: Duluth, Minnesota
- Jail Trail. If you’re looking for a trail that’s both scenic and challenging, then the Jail Trail is the perfect bike trail for you. According to MORC, the Jail Trail is an approximate five miles in length and features a few short, steep climbs and will take you over swamp bridges and rock gardens. Jail Trail: St. Cloud, Minnesota
- Mesabi Trail. The Mesabi Trail is another one of the best bike trails in Minnesota due to its scenic views and long length. This particular trail is perfect for beginner and experienced cyclists alike, as the majority of the trail boasts a paved flat terrain. Mesabi Trail: Northern Minnesota between Ely and Grand Rapids, Minnesota
- Milaca City Trail. If you’re the type of cyclist that likes off-road, remote locations, be sure to visit the Milaca City Trail. According to MORC, the Milaca City Trail is fourteen miles in length (one-way) and sits within 200 acres of woods, hills, and fields along the beautiful Rum River. This particular bike trail is perfect for the outdoor junkie. Milaca City Trail: Milaca, Minnesota
- Lebanon Hills. Not only is the Lebanon Hills Trail one of the best bike trails in Minnesota, but it’s also one of the most popular. MORC reports that the Lebanon Hills Trail features a rock garden, wooden bridges, and many logs to cross over. This is the perfect bike trail for the adventurous, outdoor loving cyclist. Lebanon Hills: Lebanon Hills Regional Park, Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro Area, Minnesota
- Cannon Valley Trail. The 19.7 mile Cannon Valley Trail is perfect for the beginner cyclist as it boasts flat, paved terrain. Not only is this particular bike trail perfect for the beginner cyclist, but it's also family friendly, so be sure to bring your entire crew along if you're a family man. Cannon Valley Trail: Cannon Falls, Minnesota
- Memorial Trail. The beautiful off-road Memorial Trail is another one of the best bike trails in Minnesota. According to MORC, this bike trail features a six mile length and a moderate to extreme physical challenge. This bike trail is perfect for the extreme cycling junkie. Memorial Trail: Red Wing, Minnesota
- Luce Line Trail. The Luce Line Trail boasts a staggering 63 miles in length and is perfect for the beginner and experienced cyclist alike. Along with boasting an easy terrain, this trail is also very scenic and naturally beautiful. Luce Line Trail: Plymouth, Minnesota
- Gateway Trail. The beautiful urban forest Gateway Trail is another one of the best bike trails in Minnesota. According to The Gateway Trail Association, the Gateway Trail is an approximate eighteen miles in length and is dog friendly as long as Fido is on a leash. This bike trail is relatively easy, as it's paved throughout. Gateway Trail: St. Paul, Minnesota
- Jay Cooke State Park Trail. Not only is the Jay Cooke State Park Trail an excellent bike trail for the off-road cycling junkie, but it’s also one of the best bike trails in Minnesota. According to MORC, this bike trail boasts a thirteen mile round trip, scenic views, and a challenging terrain. Be ready to work up a sweat on this trail, as it truly is a bit challenging. Jay Cooke State Park Trail: Jay Cooke State Park, Duluth, Minnesota
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.