10 Best Bike Trails: New Jersey
Every cycling junkie needs to know about the 10 best bike trails in New Jersey. From the peaceful Lawrence Hopewell Trail to the remote yet naturally beautiful Appalachian Trail, there are many cool bike trails to tackle while in the New Jersey area.
- Lawrence Hopewell Trail. The peaceful, environmentally friendly Lawrence Hopewell Trail is one of the best bike trails in New Jersey. According to the official Lawrence Hopewell Trail website, this bike trail runs over 20 miles in length. This particular bike trail is perfect for cyclists of all ages, therefore if you’re a family man be sure to bring your entire gang along for an outdoor biking adventure. Lawrence Hopewell Trail: Lawrenceville, NJ
- Hartshorne Woods Park Trails. The scenic Hartshorne Woods Park Trails offer some of the best bike trails in New Jersey. These particular bike trails run an approximate 11 miles in length and will take you over such terrain as dirt, gravel and sand. These bike trails can get pretty popular, so be willing to share the trails with other cycling enthusiasts. Hartshorne Woods Park Trails: Middletown, NJ.
- Mercy County Park Trails. The beautiful Mercy County Park Trails is another one of the best bike trails in New Jersey. This particular trail runs an approximate 10 miles in length and is perfect for the beginner or experienced cyclist. This is a multi-use trail, so be on the lookout for hikers and other cyclists. Mercy County Park Trails: Delaware River Region, NJ
- Apshawa Preserve. If you’re looking for the perfect bike trail in the northern area of New Jersey, look no further than the trails at the Apshawa Preserve. According to the New Jersey Conservation Foundation, the Apshawa Preserve features over 7 miles of bike trails to tackle. Apshawa Preserve: West Milford Township, NJ
- Belleplain State Forest. The Belleplain State Forest is another great park that offers some of the best bike trails in New Jersey. This bike trail is an approximate 40 miles in length and is paved, making it easy for beginner cyclists. Belleplain State Forest: Cape May, NJ
- Cheesequake State Park. If you’re looking for a light, off-road bike trail, look no further than the dirt bike trail at the Cheesequake State Park. This bike trail runs an approximate 3.5 miles in length and features easy to moderate terrain. Cheesequake State Park: Middlesex, NJ
- Parvin State Park. The beautiful and scenic Parvin State Park offers another one of the best bike trails in New Jersey. This particular bike trail features a paved surface and is over 8.2 miles in length. If you’re a family man, be sure to bring your crew along as this particular bike trail is family friendly. Parvin State Park: Salem, NJ
- High Point State Park. Boasting an 8 mile bike trail, the scenic High Point State Park is one of the best places to go for a bike ride. This bike trail features a paved, hilly terrain and offers a challenge for both the beginner and experienced cyclist. High Point State Park: Sussex, NJ
- Island Beach State Park. The serene Island Beach State Park is another great destination that offers the best bike trails in New Jersey. This particular state park features an 8.5 mile bike trail with a paved surface. If you’re looking for a scenic bike ride, look no further than the trails at Island Beach State Park. Island Beach State Park: Ocean County, NJ
- Appalachian Trail. If you’re looking for an off-road, remote bike trail, the Appalachian Trail is the perfect bike trail for you. According to the Appalachian Trail Conservancy, the Appalachian Trail in New Jersey spans 72 miles and includes an active bear population. This particular bike trail is perfect for the tough, experienced cyclist. Appalachian Trail: Kittatinny Range, NJ