Acknowledging the 10 best bike trails in Texas is a must if you’re a die-hard cycling enthusiast. From the beautiful Springfield Trail to the challenging Boulder Park Trail, there are a diverse number of bike trails to ride in the scenic state of Texas.
- Springfield Trail. The Springfield Trail is one of the best bike trails in Texas due to its great location, scenic views and peaceful environment. According to Texas Trails Network, the Springfield Trail is 1.5 miles in length and features an easy to moderate challenge. Springfield Trail: Park Road 28, Mexia, TX
- Sunset Rail-to-Trail. The Sunset Rail-to-Trail is another one of the best bike trails in Texas. According to Texas Trails Network, the Sunset Rail-to-Trail features a 6 mile single loop trail with an asphalt terrain. This trail is multi-use, therefore you’re going to need to be aware of your surroundings at all times. Sunset Rail-to-Trail: Avenue Q, H, Houston, TX 77023
- Double Lake Mountain Bike Trail. The naturally beautiful Double Lake Mountain Bike Trail is perfect for the off-road junkie. According to Texas Trails Network, this bike trail features an 8 mile single loop trail with a natural terrain. A small $6 trail fee is required, so bring a bit of spare change along. Double Lake Mountain Bike Trail: Double Lake Recreation Area, Waverly, TX 77358
- Sweetleaf Nature Trail. If you’re looking for a leisurely bike ride, look no further than the Sweetleaf Nature Trail. This trail boasts both a cement and natural terrain and is perfect for either the experienced or inexperienced cyclist. Sweetleaf Nature Trail: 1328 FM 1488, Conroe, TX 77384
- Lake Arrowhead State Park Trail. The lovely Lake Arrowhead State Park Trail is another one of the best bike trails in Texas. According to Texas Trails Network, the Lake Arrowhead State Park Trail boasts a natural terrain, is 5 miles in length and requires a small $2 trail fee. Lake Arrowhead State Park Trail: Wichita Falls, TX 76310
- Franklin Mountains State Park Trail Network. The challenging Franklin Mountains State Park Trail Network is perfect for the seasoned cyclist. According to Texas Trails Network, this particular bike trail is 118 miles in length, features a natural terrain and requires a paltry $2 trail entrance fee. If you’re looking for a challenge, look no further than the Franklin Mountains State Park Trail Network. Franklin Mountains State Park Trail Network: 14 1/2 Mile Marker, Loop 375, El Paso, TX
- Josey Ranch Greenbelt Trail. The peaceful Josey Ranch Trail is perfect for the cyclist looking for a quiet ride. This bike trail is relatively short and boasts a concrete terrain, making it the perfect trail for beginner cyclists. Josey Ranch Greenbelt Trail: 1440 Keller Spring, Carrollton, TX 75006
- Furneaux Creek Trail. The tranquil Furneaux Creek Trail is another one of the best bike trails in Texas. This bike trail features a concrete terrain and a peaceful environment. If you’re a family man, be sure to bring your kids along as there is a playground nearby and fishing in the creek is allowed. Furneaux Creek Trail: Southern Oaks and Josey Lane, Carrollton, TX
- Boulder Park Trail. The tough and challenging Boulder Park Trail is one of the best bike trails in Texas due to its challenging course, excellent location and off-road appeal. According to Texas Trails Network, the Boulder Park Trail is 10 miles long and boasts a difficult terrain. This mountain bike trail is intended for the physically fit individual. Boulder Park Trail: Pastor Bailey Dr., Dallas, TX
- The De Kalb Trace. The De Kalb Trace trail is another one of the best bike trails in Texas. Along with featuring a gravel terrain, this trail allows on-leash pets. This particular trail is a bit lengthy, so be sure to bring along plenty of fluids so you don’t get too dehydrated. The De Kalb Trace: South Runnels, U.S. Highway 82., De Kalb, TX 75559
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.