So the big day is coming up and you need to know the 10 best birthday gift ideas for new girlfriend? Buying the perfect gift can be difficult, but it doesn't have to be. Keep reading to learn the best gift ideas for that new girlfriend in your life.
- Stuffed animals. Yes it’s sort of and old standby, but why mess with a classic? Girls love stuffed animals. With all the new build an animal stores popping up, you can make her an adorable stuffed animal and dress it to look like you.
- Mix CD. Put together a CD with all of her favorite tunes. Songs that remind you of each other and songs that have a secret meaning are perfect. Decorate the label and make a handmade cover for the case.
- Homemade dinner. If you know that her favorite meal is, make it at home. If she loves homemade meatloaf and mashed potatoes, make them! If you’re a grill pro, fire up the grill and make her a tasty steak and homemade birthday cake.
- Night out at her favorite restaurant. If you’re not a great cook you can at least buy her a tasty dinner at her favorite restaurant. Make sure to mention to the waiter that it’s your girlfriend's birthday while she’s in the restroom so all the waitstaff will sing and make a scene.
- Champagne. Buy her a bottle of bubbly that the two of you can share. Add a box of nice chocolates and a fireplace and you’ve got a romantic birthday cocktail hour for two. If she doesn’t drink champagne, but her a nice bottle of wine or a 6-pack of her favorite brew.
- Favorite foods gift basket. Put together a basket filled with her favorite foods. It doesn’t have to be gourmet. If she loves Junior Mints and Doritos, by all means fill the basket with those. Add a pretty bow and have the basket shrink wrapped for an added professional touch.
- Perfume. If you know her favorite scent, buy a bottle. If you’re not sure yet, you could buy her a gift set of scented lotions and body sprays. Try to go for light and fruity scented lotions if you’re not sure what she likes best.
- DVDs. Buy a couple of funny DVDs, a box of popcorn and some theater style candy for a fun movie basket. If your lady loves going to the movies, she’ll love this idea. For bonus points make homemade nachos and have some of those ice cream novelties that the theaters sell on hand.
- Necklace or Bracelet. If she’s a new girlfriend you probably don’t want to scare her away by buying a ring. Bracelets and necklaces are a good starter piece of jewelry for a new relationship. If you know her birthstone you could buy her a nice pendant. Take note of whether she wears yellow gold or white gold and buy whichever she wears most.
- Coupons. Handwritten coupons for different services are always a great gift idea. Popular ideas include: a homemade dinner, a 30 minute massage, 30 minutes of computer tech help, one hour of snow shoveling or car washing et cetera. Include whatever she likes and whatever you’re good at. Print them out on your computer, or draw them by hand with markers.
Gift giving for your girlfriend's birthday doesn't have to be stressful. Use the above birthday gift ideas for a new girlfriend to make sure that she sticks around for many more birthdays to come.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…