Here in America we have many brilliant, the 10 best black business men in America hold top positions in some of America wealthiest and prestigious companies. yet some of these businessmen are never recognized. In some instances Black businessmen who work their way up the corporate ladder are not always known unless they are celebrated by the media. And for all their great wealth and enormous resources and contributions they sometime go unnoticed. below are 10 examples of best black businessmen in America.
- Clarence Otis, Jr. who is Chairmen of the board and CEO of Darden Restaurants, Inc. is considered the largest casual dining restaurant company in the world. He is one of only four African American Chief Executive Officers of a Fortune 500 listed company based in Orlando, Florida. Darden employees nearly 170,000 people and serve more than 350 million meals annually at 1,700 restaurants in the US and Canada.
- Kenneth Chenault. is Chairman and CEO of American Express Company. he took over in April 2001 and in three years Chenault pushed annual sales from $100 million to $700 million. Mr. Chenault is a director at IBM Corporation and the National Academy Foundation, he also serves as trustee at Mount Sinai NYU Medical Center and Health System.
- Richard Dean Parson. is Chairman of the Board of Citi group Inc. prior to joining Citi Mr. Parson served in the position of President, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman at Time Warner. As CEO Mr. Parson help lead Time Warner's turn around and set the company on a solid path toward achieving sustainable growth.
- Russell Simmons. an American entrepreneur and co founder of Def Jam Recordings and the creator of the fashion lines Phat Farm, Argyleculture and American classics, and the owner of Rush Communications. In January 2009 Simmons was named Editor in Chief of Global Grind. Com.
- Tom Jones. Chairman of Citi group asset management, Global investment and private banking operations. Jones 53 oversee four units and 12,000 employees and almost $700 billion in asset.
- Franklin Rains. the Harvard educated Scholar and former White House budget Chief took over as CEO of Fannie Mae in 1999 and became the first African American to lead a FORTUNE 500 company.
- Carl Darden. 52 began his career at UPS in 1971 delivering package for $3 an hour part time being a senior in collage and also a newlywed strapped for money, after graduating collage Darden begin working for UPS full time and over the next 20 years he climbed the management ladder. Darden lunched new technology which allowed home deliveries in place of central drop off locations. Darden now oversees all the company's $30 billion in revenues and 340,000 employees, also sits on the board of directors for UPS.
- Barry Rand. CEO of AARP. a organization of over 40 million people age 50 and older. Mr. Rand serves as Chairman of the Board of Howard University and also has served as chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Avis Group Holdings, CEO of Equitant Ltd, and Executive Vice President for Worldwide Operations at Xerox Corporation.
- Earvin Effay (Magic) Johnson, Jr. is CEO and Chairman of Magic Johnson Enterprises. His company has a successful portfolio of national franchises such as Starbucks, Burger King, 24 Hour Fitness, Washington Mutual home loan centers, AMC /Magic Johnson movie theatres and T.G.I. Friday's. Magic Johnson net worth is estimated to be between $800 and $900 million.
- John W. Thompson. CEO of Silicon Valley Stalwart Symantec. during Thompson's ten year position as Chief Executive Officer he helped transformed Symantec into a leader in security storage and systems management solutions. From 1999 to 2009 the revenues for Symantec grew from $632 million to $6.2 billion and its worldwide work force reached more than 17,500 employees.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?