Though blond males seem to be a dying breed in Hollywood, the 10 best Blond Actors have proved time and time again that golden tresses still sell.
- Leonardo DiCaprio broke onto the Hollywood scene in serious roles such as, “This Boy’s Life,” and “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape” his intense good looks and that blond hair quickly made him one of the hottest teen heart throbs in America. Luckily for Leo, and America, he built his career on brilliant works such as “Marvin’s Room,” “The Aviator,” and “The Departed,” instead of going the teen beat direction. And with three Oscar nominations already under his belt, that award is most certainly looming as well.
- Brad Pitt once got fired from an extra’s casting agency, for leaving set to audition. This trade mark determination, and his good looks, are what helped Pitt break into Hollywood. Roles in “Interview With The Vampire,” “Se7en” and “Fight Club” set Pitt apart as more than just a pretty face. His Academy Award Nomination for “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” also placed Pitt in the ranks of some talented company.
- Heath Ledger is no longer with us, but his star will continue to shine. This amazing actor was one of the best of our generation and we refuse to leave him off of this list. His final movie “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus” had begun filming when he died, and rather than recasting, the director used multiple men to play Ledger's role. Aside from posthumously winning the 2008 Oscar, Ledger was also nominated for his awe inspiring performance in “Brokeback Mountain.” His early films included “10 Things I Hate About You,” “The Patriot,” and “A Knight’s Tale.”
- Tom Cruise may have lost some of his star power in the past few years, but it impossible to ignore the career of this blond actor. He become one of America’s favorite actors appearing in movies such as “Risky Business,” and “Top Gun.” He was also nominated for three Academy Awards. In 2009, Cruise also surprised many with his performance in the comedy, “Tropic Thunder.” He was nominated for a Golden Globe for the role, which was considered by many to be one of the best performances of his career.
- Philip Seymour Hoffman is an unstoppable Hollywood force. This white-blond toe-head already won an Oscar for his turn as a strange but brilliant writer in the 2006 film, “Capote,” and he was nominated again in both 2008 and 2009. Not the traditional leading man, Hoffman has become an icon in the realm of character acting.
- Robert Redford is one of the last great old Hollywood leading men still in the business, and though he has turned much attention to directing, his performances still convey all the power of one of the greatest actors of all time. Though he won his Oscar for directing, he was also nominated for his performance in “The Sting,” in 1973. He has also been awarded both a Cecil B. DeMille Award and an Honorary Oscar, for a lifetime of dedication to his craft.
- Ralph Fiennes was nominated for Oscar’s for both “Schindler’s List” and “The Englsih Patient.” His recent work in “The Hurt Locker,” and “The Reader” has set him atop the list of best actors of this generation, and though that shaggy blond hair may have helped, his flair for the dramatics has brought him his respect. It’s almost a shame that future generations may know him best as being Lord Voldermort.
- Ryan Gosling may be best known for his role in “The Notebook,” but he also has an Oscar nomination under his belt to prove that he has serious acting chops. He was also Hercules for a while.
- Josh Holloway is best known for his role as James “Sawyer” Ford in ABC’s hit Television show, “Lost.” The show has since wrapped filming, giving this blond actor a chance to pursue new projects.
- Ryan Philippe was once among tinsel town's hottest commodities. While he dropped off the radar for a few years, he is coming back in a big way, set to co-star in 2011’s "Captain America." He also picked up some cast awards for his work in “Crash” and “Gosford Park."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …