The best blues bands out there may seem like they consist of solo artists, but play any of these musician's songs and you'll surely be amazed. These are the blues artists that shaped the genre. Some may be household names, such as B.B. King, yet others, like Lead Belly, are just as important to the genre. Here are the best blues bands and musicians of all time:
- B.B. King. B.B. King is undoubtedly one of the best blues bands musicians, with hits like "3 O'Clock Blues" and "Every Day I have the Blues." In fact, King has even been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan. As one of the most influential guitarists, Stevie Ray Vaughan also proved himself as an incredible blues musician, working with other blues musicians of the best blues bands. His debut album "Texas Flood" was released with his band Double Trouble.
- John Lee Hooker. John Lee Hooker, who's most well known songs include "Boom Boom" and "Boogie Chillen," was an incredible American blues guitarist and singer-songwriter. His trademark style was talking blues.
- Taj Mahal. Taj Mahal is an incredible artist known for his mixture of the blues with world music. His first album, self-titled "Taj Mahal," included songs from other blues artists, such as Blind Willie McTell's "Statesboro Blues."
- Buddy Guy. As an American blues singer and guitarist, Buddy Guy was a pioneer of the Chicago Blues style. His first albums were released with the Junior Wells' Chicago Blues Band, an artist he often later collaborated with, as well, together being one of the best blues bands.
- Lead Belly. Lead Belly, as a musician was known for playing the twelve string, yet he also played the harmonica, mandolin, violin, piano, concertina, and accordion. One of Lead Belly's best known songs is "Goodnight, Irene."
- Ray Charles. Ray Charles was a soul music pioneer, as he fused the styles of blues, gospel, and rhythm and blues together into the genre. Some of Charles' best loved songs include his rendition of Percy Mayfield's "Hit the Road Jack" and Hoagy Carmichael and Stuart Gorrell's "Georgia on my Mind."
- Susan Tedeschi. Her incredible blues vocals make Susan Tedeschi one of the best blues bands musicians. The song she is best known for, perhaps, is "Hurt So Bad" from her national debut album "Just Won't Burn."
- Hank Williams. Even during his short life, Hank Williams proved himself to be one of the greatest artists of the best blues bands. Two of his top hits include "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" and "Your Cheatin' Heart."
- Blind Willie McTell. An incredible musician, Blind Willie McTell is often considered one of the best blues bands, even as a solo twelve-string guitarist. His song "Statesboro Blues" is one of his best known tunes, having later been recorded by numerous artists including The Allman Brothers Band.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.