10 Best Board Games For Kids
If you’ve got little ones running around the house, then you’re probably going to find this list of the 10 best board games for kids very useful. It keeps the kids happy, and best of all, you might just find that you enjoy playing these games as well!
- Don’t Wake Daddy doesn’t really teach kids how to sneak around, but it’s a load of fun! The point of the game is to make it from your bed on the board all the way to the refrigerator without waking the startling centerpiece that is Daddy up. This is one of the more original board games for kids, and your children will love it.
- Candyland is such a timeless board game for kids, and it will always deserve a place on this list of the best board game for kids. It’s a classic racing board game, and the best part about it is that the younger kids can play because it doesn’t require counting skills or even reading skills.
- Monopoly Junior is one of the greatest board games for kids, and you could probably still derive some fun out of it as well. The classic Monopoly game is watered down for the youngsters, and the street names have all been changed to fair attractions! Nice!
- Connect Four is a simple, yet entertaining game for younger children. The two opponents are given equal amounts of pieces, and they must both take turn sliding them into the grid. The first one to connect a row of four of their colored pieces wins.
- Pictionary Junior is the guessing game for kids that involves a lot of drawing! A player might be given 60 seconds to draw a bowling ball, and his/her teammates have to guess what it is before the timer is up. This is certainly one of the best board games for kids ever made.
- Clue is one of the best board games of kids as it encourages strategy and cunning. The players must collect clues from around the board to eventually find out which of the suspects murdered Dr. Black, the recurring victim in every game.
- Trouble is a game that is much like Sorry! However, children might have more fun with Trouble because of the large bubble in the center that can be popped prior to every move. The object of the game is to move all of your pieces from your “Start” location on the board all the way to your “Home” location.
- If your child has a lot of friends over, it may make sense to get Chinese Checkers out. Unlike the classic game of Checkers, Chinese Checkers can be played by up to six players due to its star-shaped board. This can make for pretty interesting game play as well, and this also makes it one of the better board games for kids.
- The Game of Life takes players through a simulated “life” with events ranging from graduation and marriage to retirement. The game is played by making smart decisions and clever moves, which the kids will love!
- Twister is possibly one of the best board games for kids ever invented because of the funny situations it produces. It gets your kids up and moving, and it will definitely be worth quite a few giggles as well.