Looking for the 10 best Bollywood movies 2006? Some of the best movies in Bollywood history were introduced in 2006 and as such the year is counted as one of the most successful years for Bollywood. Here are picks for the ten best Bollywood movies 2006, all of which experienced marked success at the box office. These movies not only got good response from the viewers and critics, but also proved to be excellent money makers.
- "Dhoom 2" – With superstars like Abhishek Bacchhan, Bipasha Basu, Aishwarya Rai, Uday Chopra and Hrithik Roshan, this movie was a total entertainment. This movie got a huge appreciation from the viewers and broke all the box office records.
- "Rang De Basanti" – This was the first superhit of 2006. With superstar Aamir and not-so-big stars like Soha Ali Khan, Kunal Kapoor, Sharman Joshi and Siddharth, this movie did well enough to create history in the Bollywood. Other than winning several prestigious awards under various categories including Zee Cine Award 2007 for the best film and Zenith Power Team Award, "Rang De Basanti" was also the only official entry from Bollywood under the category of best foreign film for the prestigious Oscar awards.
- "Lage Raho Munna Bhai" – This Bollywood feel-good movie showed a different way of living the life. Following the "Munnabhai" series, "Lage Raho Munna Bhai" taught the way of doing things in a right way through Gandhigiri, the non-violence way. The chemistry of Sanjay Dutt with Arshad Warsi made this movie a huge success. Awards for best story and screenplay were awarded to this film at various award functions.
- "Omkara" - Based on "Othello," this is one of the best Bollywood movies which did a good job on box office. Saif Ali Khan was highly appreciated for his character in this movie and received several prestigious awards including Zee Cine Awards 2007 for best actor in a negative role.
- "Fanaa" – This was the comeback movie of Kajol. The leading pair, Kajol and Aamir, did a great job and presented a masterpiece under the Yash Raj Banners. Just to have Kajol come back strong places "Fanaa" on the best Bollywood movies 2006 list.
- "Vivaah" – "Vivaah" is a simple and honest story, yet very touching. Sooraj Barjatya portrays a perfect blend of emotions, tradition and commitment. Barjaty deserves much kudos for bringing out the excellence in his actors and for delivering a memorable film.
- "Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna" – "Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna" received raved reviews throughout India and internationally. The leading stars of this movie, Abhishek Bacchhan, Shahrukh Khan, Rani Mukherjee, Preity Zinta and Amitabh Bacchan, begged awards under various categories like Best Actor, Best Actress and Best Supporting Actor.
- "Krissh" – "Krissh" is a super hit movie with the leading pair Hrithik Roshan and Priyanka Chopra. This romantic comedy introduced the first Desi superhero of Bollywood.
- "Golmaal" – "Golmaal" is a true stress buster. Rohit Shetty, the director, delivered a laughter packed movie with the leading start Ajay Devgan, Arshad Warsi, Tusshar Kapoor, Paresh Rawal, Sharman Joshi and Rimi Sen. For leaving audiences laughing all the way home, "Golmaal" earns a spot on the ten best Bollywood movies list.
- "Don" – A remake of the original same titled film, "Don" is among the best Bollywood movies. The leading actors included Shahrukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra, and they created the magic of “Don” all over again.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.