10 Best Bollywood Movies 2008
The 10 best Bollywood movies of 2008 are, like most all Bollywood films, full of fun and colorful adventure. These 10 film descriptions will give you a good taste of what was especially good about 2008.
- "Dostana" While Bollywood films are not usually known for taking on social issues, this one did. It asked valid questions about the right to be gay, in a culture where such lifestyle choices are not always acceptable. Tarun Mansukhani directs this film about two straight guys that fake being a gay pair.
- "JTYJN" This movie is a love story. But it also involves gang life. There is even an element coming-of-age element. In other words, it has a little of everything. Imran Khan stars in a film about two best friends forever, that search for the other one's true love, even though they actually love each other
- "Race" This 2008 Bollywood film will keep you on the edge of your seat, as its plot changes continuously. There's also a moral component involved. It's over two hours long, but it sure doesn't seem like it. This film is set in South Africa.
- "RNBDJ" This film saves its best for last, with a big Dancing Jodi finale. It's a wonderful example in 2008 of a Bollywood film. It's also obviously romantic, as the title translates into "match made by God."Aditya Chopra directed this film about a man that takes on a new identity to put some spark into his love life.
- "Fashion" Fashion is something we both love and hate. This 2008 Bollywood film is set in the fashion industry. It follows a young girls movement from a small town, to the big life of the fashion world. This film stars the beautiful Priyanka Chopra.
- "Jodhaa Akbar" This 2008 Bollywood film is a period piece. It follows a sixteenth century love story. Its principle characters include Mughal, a mighty emperor, Akbar, and Jodha, a Rajput princess. Ashutosh Gowariker is this film's director.
- "Singh Is Kinng" This film is crazy funny. It's equal parts crazy and funny. It looks at the life of Happy Singh, who begins as a mere Punjabi villager, but ends up the Kinng of the Australian underworld. This 2008 Bollywood film is so exceptional because it gives viewers the unexpected. Akshay Kumar stars as Happy Singh.
- "Rock On!!" If music is the international language, rock music is like the universal slang of youth. This is a 2008 Bollywood rock movie. It explores what happens to four friends when they reunite as a rock band. These guys were once in a group called Magik, which failed. That failure makes them want to try once again.
- "A Wednesday" This is a 2008 Bollywood film that puts the universal troubles of violence and makes them personal. One man must ask what his reaction should be. He's left to wonder if he's somehow personally responsible for the troubles he sees. This story begins on a Wednesday, when a man tells Mumbai police he's set five different bombs, in five different city locations.
- "Ghajini" This film explores the consequences of doing the right thing. A student warns a rich friend about a dangerous man; one with short term memory loss and blood thirst. A.R. Murugadoss directed this tense 2008 film.
Posted on: Feb. 14, 2011