The 10 best Bollywood movies 2009 feature a wide range of plots and characters. It was a good year for Bollywood films. Therefore, this list just barely scratches the surface.
- "Paa": This 2009 Bollywood movie goes way beyond questions of political correctness. It speculates on what a politician should do when his son is born with a disease that causes him to age prematurely into an old man. It was directed by R. Balki.
- "Raaz: The Mystery Continues": Director Mohit Suri gives us a story about an architect's design, where one of the women in it turns out to be real. She is a haunted woman, and he is driven to find out why. This woman is haunted by something, and the architect is driven to find out what that is.
- "Dev D": This 2009 Bollywood film is a love story. It follows the character Dev, who falls into drugs and alcohol after a nasty breakup. Paro, the main character, meets and falls in love with Chanda, a prostitute. She has troubles, too, but they try and work out a relationship.
- "New York": Poor Omar. He's the character in this story who is incorrectly arrested for being a terrorist. But he's just a simple taxi driver. This 2009 Bollywood movie looks in on when bad things happen to good people.
- "Wanted": What's a girl to do? Director Prabhu Deva presents this 2009 Bollywood movie about a girl in Mumbai, Jhanvi, who has three very different suitors. You, the viewer, are left to speculate on which one would make her best choice.
- "Love Aaj Kal": Director Imtiaz Ali looks at the love lives of two characters in this 2009 Bollywood movie. One character wants to move on, while another character wants him to live in the past. But who will have the last word? Will Jai Vardan Singh ever get it right in his love life?
- "Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani": If statues could talk, just imagine the stories they could tell. After all, they see all. In this 2009 Bollywood movie, a town square statue narrates to a journalist all the goings on in a particular town. The main character is Premshankar Sharma, an unemployed trouble-maker.
- "Kaminey: The Scoundrels": This 2009 Bollywood movie looks in on the lives of two identical twins raised in the poor part of Mumbai. It follows their desire to escape these tough surroundings. Both twins are very different, however. One is honest, the other not. One works hard, while the other looks to get rich through quick betting.
- "Wake Up Sid": The character of Sid, in this 2009 Bollywood film, is a spoiled kid. This film follows Sid from his comfort zone to the real world. But when he meets a girl he likes, he's challenged to make something of his life.
- "3 Idiots": This 2009 Bollywood movie begins with good intentions. Two friends set out to find a lost friend. But along the way, they get into some crazy adventures.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.