The 10 best Bollywood songs for ringtones is a perfect start to assimilate yourself with the inevitable fame the Indian cinematic industry will be experiencing in the coming years. With the acclaimed success that “Slumdog Millionaire” has swept across the globe, Bollywood is now taking the whole world by storm. Bollywood music is best described as catchy and danceable. In fact, Bollywood music is so catchy that once you listen, you could find yourself singing or humming to the tune unconsciously for the next few hours. Does “Jai Ho (You are My Destiny)” ring a bell? Most, if not all, Bollywood films feature at least three to five playback songs; these are the songs that become immensely popular and catchy.
- "Tere Mere Sapne"–Featured in “Guide” and sung by Mohammed Rafi, "Guide" won numerous awards staring Bollywood stars Waheeda Rehman and Dev Ariand. “Tere Mere Sapne” is a classic that is still making waves nowadays, albeit in the mobile phone ringtones circuit.
- "Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya"–Sung by Lata Mangeshkar during the 1960 film “Mughal-a-Azam” with lyrics by Shakeel Badayuni. “Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya” translated means, “When Loved Then Why be Afraid.”
- "Kuch Dil Ne Kaha"–Part of the soundtrack of the 1966 film “Anupama” directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee with music by Hemant Kumar. “Kuch Dil Ne Kaha” is considered one of Bollywood’s most popular songs sung by Lata Mangeshkar as well as one of the best Bollywood songs for ringtones.
- "Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne"–A duet by Asha Bohnsle and Mohammed Rafi, "Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne" was featured in the 1973 film “Yaadon ki Baraat” with the lyrics from the genius of Majrooh and music from RD Burham. "Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne" translated means “You’ve Stolen My Heart.”
- "Touch Me"–Music composed by Pritam with the background score done by Salim Sulaiman. Although the song's title is in English, most of the lyrics sung by India’s pop stars KK and Alisha Chinai in the 2006 film “Dhoom” are primarily Hindi.
- "Crazy Kiya Re"–Performed by Sunidhi Chauhan for the “Dhoom” sequel, “Dhoom Again.” For her rendition of the "Crazy Kiya Re" in “Dhoom Again,” Chauhan was nominated as the Best Female Playback Singer by the International Indian Film Academy. Now mobile subscribers can listen to her performance via ringtone.
- "Hum To Aise Hain"–“Hum To Aise Hain” was featured on the “Laaga Chunari Mein Daag” soundtrack which was released September 2007. Performed by acclaimed Bollywood singers Pranab Biswas, Shreya Ghoshal, Swanand Kirkire and Sunidhi Chauhan.
- "Nach Baliye"–A feature song in the soundtrack of the 2005 Bollywood film “Bunty Aur Babli,” Nach Baliye is performed by Shankar Mahadevan, Sowmya Raoh and Loy Mendonsa. Gulzar, also known as Sampooran Singh Kalra, wrote and composed “Nach Balive.”
- "Kajra Re"–Also featured in the 2005 film “Bunty Aur Babli,” "Kajra Re" was written by Gulzar and is a high-octane dance song performed by playback singers Javed Ali, Shankar Mahadevan and Alisha Chinai. “Kajra Re” translates to “Your Kohl-Lined Eyes.”
- "Jai Ho–The song that opened the floodgates for Bollywood’s juggernaut into international prominence. Performed by the famed all-girl group Pussycat Dolls, the song also has an original Hindi song composed by A.R. Rahmann for the widely popular 2008 film “Slumdog Millionaire.”
Interestingly, this list is composed of new Bollywood hit songs and renditions made during the time when Bollywood was exclusively shown in India. Over time, the list of the best Bollywood songs for ringtones would also change with the volume of films being done by the talents in the Hindi film industry. Such would only show the everlasting appeal Bollywood songs have on their fan base and such would be what is expected as the Bollywood expansion continues around the world.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …