The 10 best Bon Jovi song lyrics hail mostly from their early years of rocking out. While the ‘80’s were good to the band, they’ve managed few hits since the dawn of the following decade. That hasn’t kept the best Bon Jovi song lyrics from confirming the band’s place in music history, however.
- “Lay Your Hands on Me” Hailing from the era when Bon Jovi wasn’t afraid to be overtly sexual in their song lyrics, “Lay” is unabashed in its longing. “If you're ready, I'm willing and able/ Help me lay my cards on the table/ You're mine and I'm yours for the taking/ Right now the rules we made/ Are meant for breaking."
- “Never Say Goodbye” The ultimate Prom song. These Bon Jovi song lyrics dredge up all those sweet, sweet high school memories and fights with your girlfriend. “Remember at the prom that night/ You and me we had a fight/ But the band they played our favorite song/ And I held you in my arms so strong.”breaking.“
- “Bad Medicine” A fun song from their “New Jersey” album, this is one of those songs that was a big hit at the time but has been buried by other, more popular Bon Jovi song lyrics. “I got a dirty down addiction/ It doesn't leave a track/ I got a jones for your affection/ Like a monkey on my back.”
- “I’ll Be There For You” These are the five words that Bon Jovi swears to you. Yes, you. Incidentally, it’s this song’s chorus that is most memorable. “I'll be there for you/ These five words I swear to you/ When you breathe I want to be the air for you/ I'll be there for you/ I'd live and I'd die for you/ Steal the sun from the sky for you/ Words can't say what a love can do/ I'll be there for you.”
- “Raise Your Hands” Never released as a single, this hard rocking song is nonetheless a true fan favorite. “You/ you got a nasty reputation/ We're in a sticky situation/ it's down to me and you/ So tell me—is it true? They say there ain't nobody better/ Well now that we're together/ Show me what you can do.”
- “It’s My Life”“Life” marked Bon Jovi’s comeback to mainstream success. What better way to do that than use the song lyrics to reference their biggest hit over fourteen years after its release? “This is for the ones who stood their ground/ For Tommy and Gina who never backed down/ Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake/ Luck ain't even lucky/ Got to make your own breaks.”
- “You Give Love a Bad Name” The first single from the band’s now legendary “Slippery When Wet” album, these Bon Jovi song lyrics shot the group to stardom. “Paint your smile on your lips/ Blood red nails on your fingertips/ A school boy's dream, you act so shy/ Your very first kiss was your first kiss goodbye.”
- “Livin’ On a Prayer” If “You Give Love a Bad Name” shot the band to stardom, “Prayer” rocketed them to superstardom. The band’s biggest hit to date and their most popular song lyrics, especially the chorus. “She says we've got to hold on to what we've got/ It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not/ We got each other and that's a lot/ For love we'll give it a shot.”
- “Runaway” Why didn’t this song make Bon Jovi a household name? No one knows for sure, but it contains some of the best Bon Jovi song lyrics. “So you sit home alone/ 'Cause there's nothing left that you can do/ There's only pictures hung in the shadows/ Left there to look at you.”
- “Wanted Dead or Alive” One of the classic Bon Jovi song lyrics, “Wanted” is the ultimate tune for the rock n’ roll outlaw. The third verse sums the entire song nicely. “I walk these streets, a loaded six string on my back/ I play for keeps, 'cause I might not make it back/ I been everywhere, and I'm standing tall/ I've seen a million faces an I've rocked them all.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …