10 Best Boy Bands
Get in touch with your inner teenager and reconnect with the more wholesome bits of your misspent youth with the ten best boy bands. Ideally the ten best boy bands are put together and marketed to teenage girls, which means you boys either secretly or openly tried to emulate what those young ladies wanted. Even though the ten best boy bands are formed to get kids to force their parents to spend money, they also produce a lot of the pop music that defines their decades. As much as some people will hate to admit it, everyone knows at least one song from one of the ten best boy bands.
- New Edition- When they first came on the scene all they wanted was a “Candy Girl”, but as time went on this one of the ten best boy bands would split to spawn Bell, Biv, DeVoe along with successful solo careers for Johnny Gil and Bobby Brown.
- The Backstreet Boys- This one of the ten best boy bands was at the forefront of the wave of teen pop acts that swept through the '90s like a sparkling tidal wave. No one likes to admit it, but “Bye, Bye Bye” was a catchy song.
- New Kids on the Block- Like all of the other bands that made the list of the ten best boy bands, New Kids on the Block captured the hearts and minds of little girls everywhere with their sweet faces and pop anthems “Hanging Tough” and “You’ve Got It (The Right Stuff)”.
- Nsync- What makes Nysync one of the more interesting of the ten best boy bands is that two of its most successful members—Justin Timberlake and JC Chasez—both got their start on “The Mickey Mouse Show,” along side Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears.
- Take That- One of a hand full of the ten best boy bands that is imported from across the pond. Take That was one of the biggest selling pop acts in the UK in the mid '90s. The ballad “I Want You Back” made girls swoon all over the world and launched the solo career of Robbie Williams.
- Boys II Men- Discovered by Michael Bivins of New Edition and Bell, Biv, DeVoe fame, this one of the ten best boy bands had everyone rockin to “Motown Philly” in the '90s. As the decade came to a close they used their tight, smooth harmonies to redefine themselves as the masters of the sexy ballad.
- The Monkees- Brought together by studio execs that wanted a band to star in a TV show, sell albums and merchandise, The Monkees are one of the ten best boy bands because they perfected the boy band formula, and helped define the pop sound of the '60s.
- The Jackson 5- You can’t have a list of the ten best boy bands without The Jackson 5. Perhaps the most famous boy band in the history of the genre, The Jackson brothers sky rocketed to success on the shoulders of their baby brother Michael and almost 40 years later, you can't imagine music without them.
- West Life- Like the rest of the bands on the list of the ten best boy bands, West Life built their success on catchy pop tunes and the boyish good looks of the guys in the band. But what makes West Life a unique entry on the list of the ten best boy bands, is that they didn’t stop when they turned 25.
- Hanson- This is one of the ten best boy bands that a lot of people love to hate. Their big hit “MMMMMMM Bop” was everywhere in 1997 and no matter how hard you tried to get away from it you could always find someone singing it and forcing it to get stuck in your head.