If you have just broken up with your love interest, here are the ten best breakup love songs from over the years. There are hundreds of wonderful songs that fit this category, so you can add any songs to the list that describe your situation. In the meantime, these are ten of the best breakup loves songs for your enjoyment.
- “Breaking Up is Hard to Do” by Neil Sedaka. This breakup love song portrays how hard it is to break up with someone. The lyrics plead with the ex to give the relationship another chance because they never knew how hard it was to break up or they probably wouldn’t have done it.
- “Heartbreak Hotel” by Elvis Presley. The second song ever recorded by Elvis Presley was a breakup love song called Heartbreak Hotel which was located down at the end of Lonely Street where broken-hearted lovers go. He suggests if your heart gets broken go to Heartbreak Hotel where you will find lots of other people there who have a broken heart just like you.
- “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor. This breakup love song is about a guy who simply walked away only to want to come back later. The girl who was left behind stood tall and strong and survived. She refuses to take her ex back. She says she is waiting for someone who will love her in return as much as she loves them.
- “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion. This breakup song by Celine Dion describes how even after a breakup we will go on. However, there will always be a piece of that person you once loved in your heart and nothing can take that love or memory away.
- “Release Me” by Engelbert Humperdinck. This song is about a guy who does not love a girl but she is hung up on him and refuses to let him go. He tries to explain to her that he has found a new love and it would only be hurtful for her to try to keep holding on.
- “Rhythm of the Falling Rain” by The Cascades. The guy in this breakup love song is listening to the rain and just wants to be left alone to cry. The girl he loved has left him and taken his heart along with her. He asks the rain to go into her heart and help start their love over again.
- “With Pen in Hand” by Bobby Goldsboro. This sad breakup love song is about a father who is just about to sign divorce papers. He is telling his wife if she can forget everything they had between them all those years then he will leave. He asks her to take good care of their child and teach him everything he should be teaching him. He tells her if she doesn’t think the good outweighed the bad then he will be on his way.
- “How Am I Supposed to Live Without You?” by Michael Bolton. This guy finds out his girlfriend is leaving him and has found another love. He wonders how he is going to go on without her. He realizes that all the things he dreamed about are not coming true for him, but his girlfriend’s dreams are coming true.
- “Smoke Gets in Your Eyes” by The Platters. This oldie but goodie is about a girl that fell in love and her friends warned her that her new love might not be what she thought he was. The girl laughed it off and said that there was no way she would doubt his love. When the lover left her brokenhearted and crying, she stated “when a lovely flame dies, smoke gets in your eyes.”
- “Tears on My Pillow” by Little Anthony and the Imperials. Another oldie but goodie that is about a guy who lost his girl and she never looked back. He says if he could start all over again he would take her back and take a chance. In the meantime, he is crying tears on his pillow because of his broken heart.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.