Some of the 10 best break up movies for guys are actually semi-comedies. Men deal with things in a different way than females in that they normally like a few laughs to get through a difficult times. However, there are several on the list that are uni-sex movies, those that could be good movies for both men and women.
- “The Break Up.” Its right in the name, this movie is all about breaking up. However, it is also considered a comedy because of the ensemble of Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston.
- “My Super Ex-Girlfriend.” A hilarious story about a man who leaves his super girlfriend to date more conventional women, much to the scorn of his super-ex.
- “Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.” Based on the cult-classic graphic novel, this story deals with a man that has to defeat the 7 evil ex-boyfriends of a girl that he likes in order to date her.
- “Divorce, American Style.” A dark-style comedy about the perils of American divorce. This story deals with dating satire as well as break-up drama.
- “Diary of a Mad Black Woman.” Hilarious story about a long marriage ending abruptly with a man changing his habits to throw his wife out and take a mistress, causing the wife to go on a rampage.
- “Dodsworth.” A very funny movie about a man and his wife going on a luxurious trip, only for the wife to partake in a series of debaucheries.
- “Forgetting Sarah Marshall.” A very funny movie about some friends that help their buddy get over his famous girlfriend leaving him.
- “Swingers.” A comedy about a comedian that tries to figure out women by going through a variety of strange circumstances and scenarios.
- “The War of the Roses.” A battle-of-the-sexes situation in which a wife goes through a strange character change and gets into trouble with her husband as she tries new things.
- “Kramer vs. Kramer.” A more serious film about a wife that leaves her husband and son and how the husband copes with the loss.
Though there are many movies that can make any man forget about even the messiest of break-ups, these movies are simple must-sees for those going through that difficult time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.